What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi PowerPro PX jet removal  (Read 7748 times)

TdiDave

Jacuzzi PowerPro PX jet removal
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:16:13 pm »
I have a question about the PowerPro PX jets as in the 400 series Jacuzzi.  I have  the j-480 and there is 6 of these small jets in the lounger. Most of them don't "spin". My dealer is going to come replace them witch is great, but states the tub must be drained. I was crious as to how these (or all) the jets are removed and replaced? I would have just figured you could "unscrew" them from within the tub and replace?

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi PowerPro PX jet removal
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:16:13 pm »

Jacuzzi_Kirra

Re: Jacuzzi PowerPro PX jet removal
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 09:46:33 pm »
we had the same problem on our 2012 J-480 lounge jets.  Dealer had to order multiple times because Jacuzzi changed the 2011 and 2012 jets.  If they replace the entire jet, they must drain the spa.  What we did, was unsnapped the jet cover, pulled out the bad two spinners, and pushed in the replacements and new cover.  They used underwater glue and we couldn't use them for 48 hours.  They've been working great ever-sense.

TdiDave

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 04:20:22 pm »
Any idea why the jets failed?  Bad design or poor install?

Jacuzzi_Kirra

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 06:51:00 pm »
I believe mine may have failed because I let the hot tub sit for a couple of weeks without water while I was getting the electrical hooks up during summer.  The dealer had warned me that it causes problems with the glue in the jets when they sit outside under the sun with no water in the tub.  Jacuzzi covered the repairs without any issues.

Also, make sure that you have 60 amps going to the hot tub and you must change the default amperage by accessing the control panel by pushing the left arrrow 4 times and then the right arrow 4 times and then the center button. 
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:05:44 am by Kirra »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:40:25 pm »
I believe mine may have failed because I let the hot tub sit for a couple of weeks without water while I was getting the electrical hooks up during summer.  The dealer had warned me that it causes problems with the glue in the jets when they sit outside under the sun with no water in the tub.  Jacuzzi covered the repairs without any issues.

Also, make sure that you have 60 amps going to the hot tub and you must change the default amperage by accessing the control panel by pushing the left arrrow 4 times and then the right arrow 4 times and then the center button. 

Mike

Did the dealer really warn you about that ahead of time or was that a theory after the problem was discovered? Did you leave the cover off all that time?

220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 11:26:42 pm »
I believe mine may have failed because I let the hot tub sit for a couple of weeks without water while I was getting the electrical hooks up during summer.  The dealer had warned me that it causes problems with the glue in the jets when they sit outside under the sun with no water in the tub.

Um gonna have to call BS on this one!   I am sure your dealer may have said this, but it was not the cause..

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 01:57:09 pm »
I believe mine may have failed because I let the hot tub sit for a couple of weeks without water while I was getting the electrical hooks up during summer.  The dealer had warned me that it causes problems with the glue in the jets when they sit outside under the sun with no water in the tub.

Um gonna have to call BS on this one!   I am sure your dealer may have said this, but it was not the cause..

BS for sure, this is a unique situation and now that we've seen it mentioned here twice I'm wondering if it a material issue with those jets or a design issue but it better not be because the spa sat without water, if the spa sitting empty was really the problem then they'd have an even bigger issue on their hands.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2013, 02:41:13 pm »

BS for sure, this is a unique situation and now that we've seen it mentioned here twice I'm wondering if it a material issue with those jets or a design issue but it better not be because the spa sat without water, if the spa sitting empty was really the problem then they'd have an even bigger issue on their hands.

Pretty sure it's not a major problem with the jet as we haven't replaced any, not sure whats going on with hers, whatever it was it was not her fault!! 

TdiDave

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2013, 05:05:13 pm »
Yes, mine was delivered not working correct.
I can get them to spin by pushing them with my finger, they go for a minute or do then stop again. My thought was tightened to tight binding it up, but I have no idea how they are put together if that's even possible. Other idea was bits of "stuff" clogged up in the mechanism, but again I don't know if that would be possible.

Out of the six jets 1 will work almost all the time. 2 others about 50% of the time, 1 about 25%,  and the other 2 never. Water and air come out free and equal but they just don't spin.

Jacuzzi_Kirra

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 01:56:33 am »
Back on my statement, the dealer had warned me about not leaving the spa sit empty without water in it due to the dangerously levels of heat that builds up during the springs/summer months.  That being said, it sat empty for about 3 to 4 weeks before it was hooked up.  Immediately upon start up, two of the lounge jets floated up.

Not sure why, don't really care since they fixed them without any issues, minus having to reorder them from Jacuzzi a few differernt times since they received the 2011 version vs 2012 version jets or something like that.

They've been working great every sense. 

The J-480 is an amazing machine.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 10:54:03 am »
Back on my statement, the dealer had warned me about not leaving the spa sit empty without water in it due to the dangerously levels of heat that builds up during the springs/summer months.  That being said, it sat empty for about 3 to 4 weeks before it was hooked up.  Immediately upon start up, two of the lounge jets floated up.

Not sure why, don't really care since they fixed them without any issues, minus having to reorder them from Jacuzzi a few differernt times since they received the 2011 version vs 2012 version jets or something like that.

They've been working great every sense. 

The J-480 is an amazing machine.

You should never leave a spa empty without the cover on but that standard warning that is always given is relative to the shell surface blistering, not the jets. It sounds like maybe there was warping or plastic shrinkage of these jets due to the sunlight which is not typical but maybe the dealer knew that there was this specific concern in this case. Glad they made all well for you, in the future if you ever drain and are not refilling immediately just leave the cover on and you'll be fine.

Jacuzzi_Kirra

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2013, 11:50:02 pm »
Thanks for the advise.  I actually left the cover on, but propped it open as advised so it had some air circulations inside.  Not sure if that was correct or not, either way I don't plan on leaving it sit empty again.  Overall, this spa is amazing. 

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2013, 10:54:31 am »
Thanks for the advise.  I actually left the cover on, but propped it open as advised so it had some air circulations inside.  Not sure if that was correct or not, either way I don't plan on leaving it sit empty again.  Overall, this spa is amazing.

Then you did right and I don't even see the need to prop it open. There is nothing wrong with having an empty spa if you leave the cover on.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 10:42:55 am »
I concur with the Ace - when empty, your spa MUST remain covered, as you have done.

Propping the lid is nice to keep it from getting musty, but the important thing is:

"DON'T leave the Hot Spring spa exposed to the sun without water or the cover
in place. exposure to direct sunlight can cause solar distress of the
shell material."

This is a direct cut and paste from the Owner's Manual.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 10:42:55 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42