What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Viking Spa  (Read 13925 times)

billrigsby

Viking Spa
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:13:46 pm »
I am looking at a spa for a new home, Viking is the local daler with out traveling 50 miles.
I can not find any reviews that are not from 2005 or so.

A lot of them are not good (warranty mostly)

Any comments or brand suggestions

If I do the drive I have Caldera, Cal Spas, Bullfrog, HotSpring Spa, Artic Spas,
Premium Leisure, Vita Spa, Garden Leisure Spa Series, Marquis, and Jacuzzi

I am in Colorado at 9300 feet, it was -6 two days ago! so that my play ito the decision.

Thanks, Bill

Hot Tub Forum

Viking Spa
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:13:46 pm »

JohnnyK45

Re: Viking Spa
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:35:26 pm »
Can only speak of my experience with Viking Spas, which gets an A+

My review of our tub with photos and other misc. stuff...

http://www.whatsthebest-hottub.com/forum/index.php/topic,15955.msg170010.html#msg170010

J

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:42:48 am »
I am looking at a spa for a new home, Viking is the local daler with out traveling 50 miles.
I can not find any reviews that are not from 2005 or so.

A lot of them are not good (warranty mostly)

Any comments or brand suggestions

If I do the drive I have Caldera, Cal Spas, Bullfrog, HotSpring Spa, Artic Spas,
Premium Leisure, Vita Spa, Garden Leisure Spa Series, Marquis, and Jacuzzi

I am in Colorado at 9300 feet, it was -6 two days ago! so that my play ito the decision.

Thanks, Bill

Viking is not the Cadillac of hot tubs. However if you are looking for a value tub at a lower price than Hot Spring, Caldera, Arctic, Marquis, Jacuzzi. They are a great choice. Vita, Cal Spa are more middle of the road. Premium Leisure and Garden leisure would not be in my choices. But they to are more of a value type tub.
Retired

billrigsby

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 06:04:25 pm »
So if I were to narrow it down between...Hot Spring or  Arctic Spas, is one better than the other,
still waiting for pricing on the Artic Spas, dealer has two 2012 models of the Hot Spring Jetsetter
A demo $6500 and a floor model $7738 vs 2013 models which will be around 10K
demo has 4 years left of the 5 year warranty, floor model has full 5 years

gotta go down the hill tomorrow and look at them.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 07:14:53 am »
Its more personal preference than anything. I would take Marquis or Jacuzzi over Arctic and even Hot Springs. But I would take a Dimension One over all of them. But my favorites mean nothing to you. You need your own and you can base it on things like comfort in the dealer, comfort in your wallet, and most importantly, if possible comfortable on your butt. And that means to wet test all models your interested in if possible. Maybe you will like the Viking over the rest because it feels fabulous, the dealer is awesome and it is less expensive.
Retired

Sam

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 12:55:04 pm »
Do yourself a favor and look at Bullfrog Spas.  They are extremely energy efficient and allow you to fully customize which massage you want and which seat to put it in.  They have an excellent warranty, including the industry's only lifetime plumbing warranty, as well as a lifetime shell structural warranty, and a "blame-free" equipment warranty.  They use no wood anywhere in their construction.  The frame is made of injection molded plastic, which means that all of the pieces are the exact same shape and size every time, unlike wood or metal which must be cut.  Additionally, plastic does not rust, rot, or corrode.

There are many other reasons that make Bullfrog an excellent choice.  I recommend at least going to take a look.  JetPak technology really makes sense when you see it in person.  For the record, I am the manager at a Bullfrog Spas dealer in Denver, CO, which may be the dealer that you mentioned since you said that you live in Colorado.  I would never say that they are the only choice, but feel you would be doing yourself a disservice by not checking them out.  I regularly witness shoppers the first time they see JetPaks.  You can see the little light bulb go off over their head that says, "Wow! What a great idea".  Having been in the industry for 17 years and represented many manufacturers, I have to say that Bullfrog is my favorite by a long shot.  When it comes to reliability, engineering, energy efficiency, and sheer coolness, they really shine.  The company is great to work with as well. 

I won't name them, but I have sold some of the big brands that are heavily fluffed on here.  I don't see many of the problems that plagued those other brands.  Big problems, like trying to find a leak in a tub that has all of it's plumbing buried in foam.  Not trying to bash the competition here, I just really love the way Bullfrog has revolutionized hot tub design.

Hot Tub Guru

• Heavenly Times Hot Tubs & Billiards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »
Where are you located?  I'm not sure if you have been in or contacted my store but I'm in Dillon, CO and the local Arctic Spa Dealer.  Please let me know how I can earn your business! 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2012, 02:15:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42