What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Alternate Heat Source  (Read 2938 times)

Sunburn

Alternate Heat Source
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:11:08 pm »
Hello, I wonder if any tub owners have ever considered using an alternate heat source to heat their tubs? I live in Nova Scotia and use my tub all year round. I have an outdoor wood furnace that runs all year. I was thinking about running a line to my tube and hook up a heat exchanger to harness the extra heat from my outdoor wood furnace to heat my tub. I would just use a small pump to circulate the water through the exchanger when the tub called for the heat. Exchanger would allways be hot, but would not move any water through till the temp dropped in the tub. I expect that I would be able to use the controls all ready in place.
Here is a pic of the heat exchanger that I was thinking about. http://www.freeheat4u.com/POOLEXCHANGER.html
or http://www.freeheat4u.com/BRAZEDPLATEHEATEXCHANGERS.html. I do not have a full insulated unit, jut bottom of tub and cabinet. Looking for anyone that might have all ready done this for any problems that they might have run into, also how they might have done the electrial hookup. Thanks in advance.  Sunburn

Hot Tub Forum

Alternate Heat Source
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:11:08 pm »

TdiDave

Sunburn

Re: Alternate Heat Source
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 05:48:36 am »
Thanks for the reply TdiDave, Its just the info I was looking for.
Sunburn

vangoghsear

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:49:31 pm »
The heat exchanger you show will require two pumps (or share a system pump from both the boiler and the hot tub).  It requires one pump and piping to and from the exterior boiler to the heat exchanger and another pump and piping on the hot tub side of the heat exchanger and piping to and from the hot tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 04:49:31 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42