What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Spa Steps  (Read 3423 times)

deld

Spa Steps
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:29:27 am »
Here's an odd question for you.  How do I take them apart?  Can I?

When my round hot tub was being delivered, the delivery guy snapped the steps together and I wasn't really pay attention.  It's the normal two steps, one should be on top for round tubs and the other should be on top for straight sides.  I've got a round tub and the step on top is straight.  I'd like to pop the steps off and switch these.  Is that possible or is it a case of once the steps are put together, that's it?

Hot Tub Forum

Spa Steps
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:29:27 am »

JohnnyK45

Re: Spa Steps
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 01:45:04 am »
Did you go with the Nordic Impulse? 

Oh, if you like, please share a few photos of your new hot tub in the "Show us your hot tub" section.  :)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 03:48:11 pm »
 Should be able to flip the steps over and use a flat head screwdriver to pop the tabs.   Or just pull up really hard and the step will pop off, but you also might pop your back if you are not carefull!! 

deld

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 10:02:28 pm »
I actually went with the Bullfrog 151R.  I went back and sat in it again, and climbed in from a different side.  So when I stepped onto the footwell, I was stepping on floor and not tripping over foot jets, and it was entirely different.  I think that fumbling over the floor jets the first time I got in just threw me.

It has a little more variety in jets and depths than the Nordic, and I liked that.  And in spite of the long distance, I really like the dealer better.

I'm planning to show off some pictures after my fence goes up.  Right now there's construction stuff around.  Delivery was MUCH less dramatic than most of the pictures on here.  He pulled over off the side of the alley, unhooked the trailer, pushed it up to my porch, the tub slid off and got pushed into place.

I'm fumbling with the water chemistry, which isn't helped by the lack of daylight.  (Santa's Electric Light Parade is tomorrow, it starts at 4:30. And yes, it'll be dark then.)

JohnnyK45

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 10:30:47 pm »
That's a nice tub!  My delivery was nothing special, like yours, they hauled it off a trailer on a tub dolly thing and put it in place.  Empty, I was able to rotate it with a little effort to spin it around after giving it some thought as to where I wanted the filters and in-take positioned.

Did you get a cover caddy for it?  I have photos in the hot tub photo section (under Our Viking 2), shows what I bought for my round tub; the thing is excellent and you slip it under the tub prior to filling.

Enjoy, you'll love it.

J

deld

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 01:43:47 am »
Yeah, that's the cover lift he put on it.  It's working great so far.

I'm liking it.  I didn't think I'd want the water too hot, so I've got it at 99.  I'm thinking about raising that though.  I might try that tomorrow.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 01:43:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42