What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any Recommendations on the Sundance Optima  (Read 3758 times)

malvese

Any Recommendations on the Sundance Optima
« on: November 25, 2012, 09:43:36 pm »
I am in the market of buying a hot tub and based on the limited dealers availability to do a wet test, I am considering the Sundance Optima which we found to be an enjoyable experience.  The price seems high but wanted to see if anyone could comment on their experiences with this tub or would recommend other types.  This will be going on a deck that is only 8' 5" wide so space is an issue.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Matt

Hot Tub Forum

Any Recommendations on the Sundance Optima
« on: November 25, 2012, 09:43:36 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Any Recommendations on the Sundance Optima
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 08:10:18 am »
How many people are going to use the tub?  We liked the optima, but decided to go with the smaller Majesta for the two of us.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

malvese

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 09:38:25 pm »
This will be for at least 3 kids and their friends.  I think we are going to buy it tomorrow

Thanks

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:49:51 am »
I am in the market of buying a hot tub and based on the limited dealers availability to do a wet test, I am considering the Sundance Optima which we found to be an enjoyable experience.  The price seems high but wanted to see if anyone could comment on their experiences with this tub or would recommend other types.  This will be going on a deck that is only 8' 5" wide so space is an issue.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Matt

Sundance is a good spa maker and Optima is one of their better sellers. As far as other options go, I don't know where you live but I'd check the dealer locators on the Caldera and Hot Spring spa sites to see if you have a dealer in the area. An area of 8'5" will accommodate most spas.

clover

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 02:07:39 pm »
What is the other dimension to the deck area?  You indicate you have 101" to place a spa that measures 89".  Will you have room to deal with the cover?  Everything gets bigger when it gets home and the Optima is going to overpower the space you are placing it.  If you split the difference that leaves 6" on either side and no option to access the sides to install a cover lifter, much less the need for future service access.

Also, the spa must go into placement while it is flat, 89" wide, as there is no room to "lay it down' from a vertical position.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 05:10:03 pm »
What is the other dimension to the deck area?  You indicate you have 101" to place a spa that measures 89".  Will you have room to deal with the cover?  Everything gets bigger when it gets home and the Optima is going to overpower the space you are placing it.  If you split the difference that leaves 6" on either side and no option to access the sides to install a cover lifter, much less the need for future service access.

Also, the spa must go into placement while it is flat, 89" wide, as there is no room to "lay it down' from a vertical position.

He should use the Covermate-3 or equivalent to save space.

Gassy

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:51 pm »
I have had my Optima since late August.  I am hard-pressed to think of anything truly negative about the tub.  It is well-made, attractive and plenty forceful in terms of jets and water flow.  My major concern is how the electronics and plumbing will hold up under time and cold western North Carolina winters, but only time will tell.  Good choice, if you decide to go that way.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:51 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42