What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Ecoone Eco-8020  (Read 4434 times)

Gassy

Ecoone Eco-8020
« on: October 12, 2012, 06:53:13 am »
Anyone have experience wiuth this supposedly once a month set it and forget it spa treatment?  I'm sceptical that it can replace all the other chemicals we have to add to our spas (except possibly chlorine/bromine- I've read that you still need to add it, but nothing else).

Hot Tub Forum

Ecoone Eco-8020
« on: October 12, 2012, 06:53:13 am »

JohnnyK45

Re: Ecoone Eco-8020
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 07:50:08 am »
I use EcoOne and it really is that simple and effective.   :)

Once a month, you pour in one bottle of their all natural Spa Monthly; then when you get out from using, you throw in one dissolvable packet of their OneShock - that's it.

http://www.ecoonespa.com/spa-products-2/oneshock/

I don't need any other chemicals, nor do I regularly test levels anymore, things always come in perfectly.

J

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 11:13:01 am »
Anyone have experience wiuth this supposedly once a month set it and forget it spa treatment?  I'm sceptical that it can replace all the other chemicals we have to add to our spas (except possibly chlorine/bromine- I've read that you still need to add it, but nothing else).

just remember your paying for them to "pre-package" your shock for you...unless you cannot use a tablespoon I don't see myself paying extra for that.  And no, dumping in a bottle of "coconut natural enzyme extract" or w/e they wanna pitch it as is not going to be a magic pill for your spa.  You still need to remove metals (if applicable) balance Alk. and pH, and add a combination of sanitizer to your spa, ie shock after each use + small amt of chlorine weekly...the amount will depend on your usage

Gassy

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2012, 11:37:06 am »

just remember your paying for them to "pre-package" your shock for you...unless you cannot use a tablespoon I don't see myself paying extra for that.  And no, dumping in a bottle of "coconut natural enzyme extract" or w/e they wanna pitch it as is not going to be a magic pill for your spa.  You still need to remove metals (if applicable) balance Alk. and pH, and add a combination of sanitizer to your spa, ie shock after each use + small amt of chlorine weekly...the amount will depend on your usage

This is what I suspected.  I can't believe that it's as easy as they advertize, or it would be the predominant spa treatment everywhere.

JohnnyK45

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 08:29:23 pm »
just remember your paying for them to "pre-package" your shock for you...unless you cannot use a tablespoon I don't see myself paying extra for that.

For me, I don't see the slight cost difference (if any, depending really upon what one is using) being a factor; in fact, as simple as using a tablespoon is, then I wonder why it’s not uncommon to see posts (and not just on this forum) related to problems or questions about how to maintain proper levels in one’s hot tub?  And, when having some issue, what do some typically do, they pony up and run out and buy other chemicals to add to the mix. 

When it comes to an item like a spa, everything must be simple and easy or I won't use it as much; just like one putting a spa closer to their back door or house, most would agree that they are more likely to use it more often.  I don't have to mess with spoons or measuring cups, pouring stuff out, opening and closing various bottles, inhaling smells, testing regularly, trying to trouble-shoot, etc. – might sound petty, but (for my tastes) I’d rather grab one of my EcoOne packets and just have fun tossing it in from my back door and I'm done.  I would guess for some, it's easy to get a little sloppy over time with regards to the quantities one is putting in of the various products, or worse, it eventually becomes too much of a chore and they really start to neglect things or even stop using their spa on a regular basis because its now become a hassle.

I can't believe that it's as easy as they advertize, or it would be the predominant spa treatment everywhere.

I'm speaking from a position of one who is using the product in their hot tub.  If it didn’t work, I would say so – but, it works and it's pretty easy.  Google spa chemicals and the list of mfgs is endless - and, there is no one solution that is being used everywhere (just like no one hot tub is being used everywhere) – doesn’t mean there aren’t some solutions that are better (or easier to use) than other options that are out there.

Anyway, good luck in your search, lots of stuff out there.   :)

PS. For kicks, here's a quick shot of my spa stuff, located inside a closet next to our back door.  Chemical wise, (right to left), is their OneShock (packets inside the taller bottles), then I have 7 green labeled bottles (thus, 7 month supply) of their Spa Monthly - that's all I use.  Bottle on the far left, purple label, small amount used when cleaning/soaking the filters.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 12:35:55 pm »
just remember your paying for them to "pre-package" your shock for you...unless you cannot use a tablespoon I don't see myself paying extra for that.

For me, I don't see the slight cost difference (if any, depending really upon what one is using) being a factor; in fact, as simple as using a tablespoon is, then I wonder why it’s not uncommon to see posts (and not just on this forum) related to problems or questions about how to maintain proper levels in one’s hot tub?  And, when having some issue, what do some typically do, they pony up and run out and buy other chemicals to add to the mix. 

When it comes to an item like a spa, everything must be simple and easy or I won't use it as much; just like one putting a spa closer to their back door or house, most would agree that they are more likely to use it more often.  I don't have to mess with spoons or measuring cups, pouring stuff out, opening and closing various bottles, inhaling smells, testing regularly, trying to trouble-shoot, etc. – might sound petty, but (for my tastes) I’d rather grab one of my EcoOne packets and just have fun tossing it in from my back door and I'm done.  I would guess for some, it's easy to get a little sloppy over time with regards to the quantities one is putting in of the various products, or worse, it eventually becomes too much of a chore and they really start to neglect things or even stop using their spa on a regular basis because its now become a hassle.

I can't believe that it's as easy as they advertize, or it would be the predominant spa treatment everywhere.

I'm speaking from a position of one who is using the product in their hot tub.  If it didn’t work, I would say so – but, it works and it's pretty easy.  Google spa chemicals and the list of mfgs is endless - and, there is no one solution that is being used everywhere (just like no one hot tub is being used everywhere) – doesn’t mean there aren’t some solutions that are better (or easier to use) than other options that are out there.

Anyway, good luck in your search, lots of stuff out there.   :)

PS. For kicks, here's a quick shot of my spa stuff, located inside a closet next to our back door.  Chemical wise, (right to left), is their OneShock (packets inside the taller bottles), then I have 7 green labeled bottles (thus, 7 month supply) of their Spa Monthly - that's all I use.  Bottle on the far left, purple label, small amount used when cleaning/soaking the filters.

if you like the product certainly continue to use it, but here is the cost difference

a 3 month kit cost is $54.99 according to the web and includes:

3 Month Kit includes;

3 - 8 oz. SPA Monthly
    1 - 1 lb. Oneshock
    1 - 8 oz. FILTER Cleanser

for that same price I can sell you 6 lbs of shock and a 32oz bottle of filter clean

JohnnyK45

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:05 pm »
A couple of differences in your pricing comparison; the Spa Monthly has contributed to keeping our water as clean and clear looking as the day the tub was last filled.  Never had foam, never any strong fume smells.  I understand you have some doubts about it so no debate here, but I strongly believe based on what I'm experiencing, that the Spa Monthly is of benefit.

Another factor (which will effect some), will be the additional costs of additional products to assist in correcting some level issues.  I’m just trying to look at all the potential factors that could come into play when looking at the pricing.

I'm not a hot tub dealer like yourself, but if I were and no one around me were carrying this line, I'd look into it and pitch it as my “premium offering” for those who don't want to spend a minute on thinking about their hot tub maintenance and messing with chemicals, or for those who are sensitive to fumes, etc.  My time is worth something and I rather not use it occasionally having to deal chemistry issues.   ;)  Anyway, perhaps worth looking into on your end, assuming they leave you room for a profit margin that makes it worth your while.  8)

J

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 11:57:05 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42