What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Tiger River "Bengal" spa questions .  (Read 15606 times)

stocky

Tiger River "Bengal" spa questions .
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:30:56 pm »
Hi, I recently got my hands on a barely used " Bengal" for free . Replaced all of the Jets and the heater and I'm now up and running . My question is that the control panel seems to be locked ? I can't seem to figure out how to unlock it in order to see the "display" . How do I know if it's heating up ?   I haven't put the thermometer in yet . My only options are "arrow" up or "arrow" down . If I set it to a temp or one of the 3 heat settings , I have no idea if it's actually doing that command .

I can't figure out how to get into the "systems" or " tools " menu .

ANY help would be greatly appreciated .

thank you,
Mike

Hot Tub Forum

Tiger River "Bengal" spa questions .
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:30:56 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Tiger River "Bengal" spa questions .
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 05:49:44 pm »
here is a link to the most recent manual before tiger river was discontinued

http://www.hotspring.com/sites/default/files/pdfs/owners-manual/owners_manual_tiger_river.pdf

stocky

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 05:58:47 pm »
Twin ,
Thanks for the reply. I actually have the manual that I downloaded from  the net , took it to Kinko's and had them print it and bind it all for $12 . I couldn't pass that up ... A cover and back as well : )

The manual isn't very clear and doesn't always reference a model individually . It's rather confusing . I'm hoping to find an owner who can walk me through it .

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 11:30:51 am »
Twin ,
Thanks for the reply. I actually have the manual that I downloaded from  the net , took it to Kinko's and had them print it and bind it all for $12 . I couldn't pass that up ... A cover and back as well : )

The manual isn't very clear and doesn't always reference a model individually . It's rather confusing . I'm hoping to find an owner who can walk me through it .

what exactly do you need info. on? the manual has a "broad reference" because models within the Tiger River line shared the same control panels, lights, circ pumps, etc. and locking/unlocking the controls is definitely covered in there

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2012, 12:08:26 pm »
My question is that the control panel seems to be locked ? I can't seem to figure out how to unlock it in order to see the "display" .

Page 28 of that manual covers the Spa Lock funnctions.

stocky

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 03:32:38 pm »
From page 28 .. 27 in the manual I have .
"The two locking features, Spa Lock and Temperature Lock , are enabled from the control panel by pressing the MODE ▲ or MODE ▼
button until the Tools menu is illustrated. Then press the ON ▲ button to enter the TOOLS submenus. Use the MODE ▲ or MODE ▼ button
to scroll through the submenus to get to the locking features. Once enabled, a lock will remain active until the specific button combination is applied
to disable the lock. Even if power is disconnected from the spa and soon thereafter reapplied (such as in a power outage) the lock will remain in place."

So here's my problem , I don't have an "on" button . I only have  temperature up and down buttons a "light" button and a "jets" button .

Regardless of how I scroll up and down the screen only shows the temp from I think 80 degrees up to 104 degrees .

I still can't get into the menu .

stocky

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 05:06:24 pm »
ok upon further investigating I noticed that under the " tiger river " logo on the control panel there is also a button . By holding it down with either the up or down button , this LOCKS the display .

so my display is not locked .

what I did notice on the main electronics panel is that there is a green light next to the LM ( not sure what LM stands for ) and just below it there is a red light next to the word Heater .

So , I'm thinking a found something key to why I'm not getting heat , just not sure what that is . My buddy , the electrician is on his way over to put his meter on things to see if everything is correct .

does this help out any of you spa geniuses : ) trouble shoot my problem ?

thanks ,
Mike

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 06:16:18 pm »
ok upon further investigating I noticed that under the " tiger river " logo on the control panel there is also a button . By holding it down with either the up or down button , this LOCKS the display .

so my display is not locked .

what I did notice on the main electronics panel is that there is a green light next to the LM ( not sure what LM stands for ) and just below it there is a red light next to the word Heater .

So , I'm thinking a found something key to why I'm not getting heat , just not sure what that is . My buddy , the electrician is on his way over to put his meter on things to see if everything is correct .

does this help out any of you spa geniuses : ) trouble shoot my problem ?

thanks ,
Mike

If you confirm the heater is not being energized check the heater relay board. Its the smaller board in the cotrnol box. Look to see if one of the relays has been fried. You may need a new board.

stocky

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 06:46:02 pm »
ACE ,
Exactly . My electrician friend confirmed the 1st relay ( from left to right was not working )

I ordered a new board . Maybe by this weekend I'll be up and running : )

thanks for confirming our findings .

Mike

jaysea

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »
did you get your spa working what was the problem?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 05:25:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42