What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: to lounge or not to lounge  (Read 6239 times)

metalmann

to lounge or not to lounge
« on: September 30, 2012, 07:16:47 pm »
any comments on a spa with a lounge would be helpful. I wet teted a hotsprings aria with a lounger. I may buy a vista with a lounge, but never wet tested. I need to give an answer tomorrow without a test. so its either a grandee or vista.

Hot Tub Forum

to lounge or not to lounge
« on: September 30, 2012, 07:16:47 pm »

planetary

Re: to lounge or not to lounge
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 09:52:15 pm »
If you really need to decide without being able to wet test, I once read someone say that lounges are polarizing, and can be very different.  If you really aren't sure they're for you (of have tested the specific one you'll get), you probably want to skip it.  I think this is good advice.  But I'm a relative newbie, so take that for what it's worth.  :)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 12:22:32 am by planetary »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:52:24 pm »
any comments on a spa with a lounge would be helpful. I wet teted a hotsprings aria with a lounger. I may buy a vista with a lounge, but never wet tested. I need to give an answer tomorrow without a test. so its either a grandee or vista.

My opinion is simple on this, if you wet test and like the lounge then by all means get that spa. However, if you don't wet test I always suggest you take the cautious route and go non-lounge.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 10:55:20 pm »
Statistics show that the majority of people that buy their second spa, if they had a lounger in their first, do not get a lounger in their second.

Different manufacturers design their loungers quite differently. Some people float right out of them in some, some in others. I couldn't even begin to consider a spa with a lounge without first wet testing it.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

sorebikr

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 11:18:39 pm »
Statistics show that the majority of people that buy their second spa, if they had a lounger in their first, do not get a lounger in their second.

Different manufacturers design their loungers quite differently. Some people float right out of them in some, some in others. I couldn't even begin to consider a spa with a lounge without first wet testing it.

What he said.  Current spa has a lounger.  While its..."nice"...we'll prob skip it on the next purchase 10yrs from now. 

jonnyboy2807

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 12:00:39 am »
We have had our first spa for a few days now, with a lounger.  We like it well enough for sure when it's the two of us and maybe our teenager, but in a so-called 6 person spa with a lounger (where one would have to be reeeeally close friends to squeeze in 6 at the same time), it turns a reasonable four adult hot tub (one per corner seat) into a three adult hot tube (two corner seats, one end lounger). Maybe we're just too attached to our personal space, but I don't think we're that unusual in not being very touchy-feely with our couples friends. Frankly we intended it to be just for our private oasis anyway, not a socializing focal point, but we've fenced ourselves in if we change our minds about that.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 07:05:19 am »
I'll just add I had a lounge in the first tub, not in the 2nd.  I liked it, but it was the least used seat. Had I decided to buy the same size tub I would have gotten a lounger, but in a smaller tub it eats too much room.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

goose973

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 10:34:25 am »
I wouldn't buy something without a wet test. We didn't want a lounger until we wet tested. We found that we really liked the lounge. We use it a lot, although I agree that it takes away a viable corner seat. Not a problem since my wife and I are the only ones in it 99% of the time.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 10:49:51 am »

What he said.  Current spa has a lounger.  While its..."nice"...we'll prob skip it on the next purchase 10yrs from now.

That is exactly what I just did. If we entertained more and were going to be a bigger tub, I probably would have went with a lounger again.  I like it, but only use it about once a month.  My wife never used it.  Our 2nd tub was smaller and a lounger takes up too much room in a smaller tub IMO
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 01:52:06 pm »
all good points here, if your "stuck" on a lounger spa in your mind, a wet-test is a must...3 of my 5 "wet" tubs are lounger models for this exact reason

TLWR

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 07:22:57 pm »
We have a lounge in our Caldera Kauai. I like having the different seating options, and to be honest, I find that about 50% of the time we use the seating as intended and the other 50% we sit sideways, or however. Without the bench like lounge, we'd be stuck to sit specifically in the seats, and it would not be as enjoyable for us.

jonnyboy2807

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 10:28:14 pm »
After having just finished our first full week in the new spa and starting with the lounger a popular lie-down seat, my wife is already spending more time sitting sideways on the lounger..... so is the teenager....  one week in....

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 03:36:17 pm »
After having just finished our first full week in the new spa and starting with the lounger a popular lie-down seat, my wife is already spending more time sitting sideways on the lounger..... so is the teenager....  one week in....

I can see that.  My vertically challenged daughter use to sit in the leg section of the lounger.  Our old tub didn't have a cool down seat.  She used it that way.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 10:05:46 am »
Is she still working with animals?

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 10:05:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42