What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking at a FreeFlow Accent  (Read 4030 times)

dakota7557

Looking at a FreeFlow Accent
« on: September 29, 2012, 05:48:12 pm »
Hi, first post here.  I have done much reading on this forum and am very appreciative of the knowledge here. I am looking for a small tub with few bells and whistles.  There is a sale going on this weekend at the dealer in a nearby city.  He quoted me $4600 for a new Accent.  Comes with the cover, steps and some chemicals.  It can run off 110 or 220, and I would wire it 220.  Comes with a 5 year on the shell, 2 year equipment/1 year labor, and 1 year plumbing, labor included.  I realize I should wet test before I purchase.  Done the search but not much info there.  Question: Is this a reasonable price for this spa?  Thank You for any input.  Jody
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:10:49 pm by dakota7557 »

Hot Tub Forum

Looking at a FreeFlow Accent
« on: September 29, 2012, 05:48:12 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Looking at a FreeFlow Accent
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 06:40:03 pm »
Hi! Welcome to the forum.  I don't know a thing about that brand of spa, I hope you will get more good info here, but I wouldn't put too much on the "sale this weekend" thing.  In my opinion, this is a buyer's market. If they are willing to give you one price this weekend, they can do it next weekend, or when their next incentive program comes from the factory. I looked at one Jacuzzi that had a price on it of $5500 that I could have been happy with. (I don't know if I could have dealt on it or not)
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 08:08:39 pm »
That's a lot of money for that hot tub. For another $1000 or so you could probably get into a jacuzzi or a hot spot tub.  For that price point you can get a Nordic retreat with a better warranty

JohnnyK45

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 11:05:14 pm »
Ignore the pitches about a special sale going on for the next 3 days, or weekend, etc. - that is so over used, it's almost vomit inducing (seriously).  Do not buy because you are being pressured by a dealer, don’t do it.  There are a ton of hot tub mfgs and dealers around that they can lose your business to (and they know that), so, they'll do whatever they can to make a sale with you (which is good); including sometimes coming down to a reasonable and agreeable price.  In fact, I’d say in many cases, the dealers anticipate the consumer’s desire to negotiate; so, thus, they have their tubs marked up slightly to begin with.  Think about it, you do that, or any consumer makes an offer that is $200-$500 or so less than the sticker price, if the dealer “thinks about it” – and comes back and says, “sure” – you feel like you’ve won something and you’re almost certain to make the purchase on the spot.  Just some points to keep in mind; not applicable 100% of the time perhaps, but I would say certainly most of the time.

Secondly, nearly all dealers include the cover, steps and some start up chemicals, so that is already factored into the price they are charging you - thus, in most cases, nothing "special" at all about them including that stuff (it just sounds nice!).  And, some dealers factor in delivery as well; if not, I’d negotiate to have that thrown-in as well, or at least done for about half of what they normally quote over the phone.

Thirdly, the warranty. The least I have seen on a shell is 3 years by brands such as Dream Maker - to 5 yrs., 10 yrs. and lifetime.  For $4600, that warranty just makes the "ok" mark in my book.  I recently bought our rotunda style tub for $2700 and it came with a lifetime warranty on the shell; so, 5yrs. on the one (you are looking at) for almost $5K, nothing that special to me.

Finally, it's a buyer's market these days in my opinion - with the economy still making things tight (and hot tubs are still considered a luxury item), to the greater number of spa mfg that are popping up every year, to even the insane amount of new dealers who simply post on Craigslist and carry no inventory at all; I'd rarely consider paying any posted price on any tub (sale or not).  If you can find out the list price from the mfg. that can be helpful, as I found in my early search, a couple times I was quoted above this price; which told me the dealer didn't want to mess with that tub for one reason or another unless it was really worth it for them (and I get that).  So, since most dealers are not selling huge volumes of hot tubs, combined with the other points I mentioned above, your business is certainly wanted by that dealer; and in that sense, you can actually be in the driver’s seat to a degree in terms of working out the details of your sale.

Good luck in your search, I do recommend buying from a dealer you're comfortable with (vs. just online or from a box warehouse) and don't cave-in to any high pressure sale tactics if you’re not ready to buy.  Most dealers do have overhead and other operating expenses, so they do need to make a reasonable profit; I don’t mean to sound like you can expect to go in and call all the shots; rather, you can most often negotiate a little to an agreeable price that makes the whole shopping experience a win win for you and the dealer.

dakota7557

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 11:58:04 pm »
Sounds like great advice...I appreciate you folks taking the time to answer my question...I certainly won't be in a hurry and I agree that it's a buyers market.  thanks again, Jody

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 11:58:04 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42