What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Getting the Waterways Jets out.  (Read 3570 times)

Spoiledrotten

Getting the Waterways Jets out.
« on: September 19, 2012, 09:38:17 am »
I have an older HT, the Vita Bijou. It's a 1994 model and it needs some new jets. I've done some research and found that in order to remove them, you should turn them counter clock wise until they stop. Then turn 1/4" more and they should pop out. I turned them C-C wise until they stopped, but they didn't want to turn any further. I was a little hesitant about forcing them too much until I posted to the experts here. This is what mine are supposed to look like.

My fear is that they are so old that they might have bonded a little within the housing. I surely don't want to destroy the housing and cause some major leakage, causing an overhaul of the spa. What would you suggest?
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

Getting the Waterways Jets out.
« on: September 19, 2012, 09:38:17 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Getting the Waterways Jets out.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 11:15:43 am »
The procedure you described works on my waterways jets, but they don't have a thread on them the ways yours does in the photo.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 12:20:22 pm »
Does the water need to be drained or do the jets just need to be turned off in order to remove the jets? Sorry for the elementary questions, but I don't have a clue.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 12:34:05 pm »
Does the water need to be drained or do the jets just need to be turned off in order to remove the jets? Sorry for the elementary questions, but I don't have a clue.

Mine do not and for a long time that was a great benefit, I could move the jets around where I wanted and customize the jets to suit us.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 01:01:20 pm »
Thank you, sir!

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 12:28:27 pm »
I go my cover lift installed yesterday... That thing really saves the back! Love it. Money well spent.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 12:28:27 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42