What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please help J-495  (Read 3224 times)

steele028

Please help J-495
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »
I posted earlier and need help.  I decided to just get the J-495 even if it's a tight fit.  I just need to know what is a good price for that spa and if anyone has any suggestions or comments on my other post before I go through with this.  I really would appreciate your guys knowledge/insight.  I'm jumping in on this whole thing blind because it's what my family wants.  We saved for 6 years to remodel the kitchen and now we are getting a spa instead.  I don't want to make any big newbie mistakes.

Hot Tub Forum

Please help J-495
« on: September 17, 2012, 09:36:14 pm »

planetary

Re: Please help J-495
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 10:14:09 pm »
The 495 is a beautiful spa!  I'm getting a 470 (due to arrive this week) after considerable research.  For us, once I settled on Jacuzzi, it was between the 470 (no lounger) and 480 (with lounger).  The 495 is a large tub!

Word of caution: I can't tell from your previous message if you and your family have wet-tested.  That is, gone to a store and soaked in the tub you're considering purchasing.  That is the single best thing you can do before you invest in a tub, doubly so because you seem new to hot tubs (like me!), and triply so if it's a significant purchase in your budget.  Don't skip this step!

Second bit of advice: once you have the price range identified you owe it to yourself to cross-shop a bit.  Cross-shop the spas *and* the dealers.  The J-495 is roughly comparable to the Sundance Maxxus (with lounger) or Aspen (without).  You might also look at the Hotspring Vista (with lounger) or Grandee (without).  I'd also suggest D1 spas, but I'm not sure if they have something that's just the right size for you.  Take a look.

If you or your family is sold on the Jacuzzi name and the 495 in particular, and doesn't want a whole cross-shopping buying process to go through, you can at least rest assured that Jacuzzi is in the top tier of consumer spas available on the market (along with some of those other brands I mentioned above).  You will be getting an absolutely fantastic, high quality spa -- but you won't know for sure that it'll be the best possible fit for your family.  Choose wisely!

On price, I'm not familiar with the 495 specifically.  I paid around $11k for the 470 during the Labor Day sale, and I'd guess the 495 would be at least $2k more?  Maybe others here can help on that front.

Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:16:27 pm by planetary »

steele028

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:17:05 pm »
Thanks or the advice. Maybe after I get mine you can help me program my 400 series for 60amp now that you know how to do it.

planetary

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:01:15 pm »
Certainly!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 10:01:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42