What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is there such a thing as a 4-person spa with a footprint under 78 x 86 inches?  (Read 13607 times)

annnne

we have a very specific corner in mind for our hot tub, but only have 78 inches between a door and path on one side, and an access pipe to our sewer line on the other. We want a tub that seats at least 4 people. We've been searching, and that 78 inches seems to be a real problem for us. Any suggestions would be really really appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Water Boy

You might check out the Arctic Fox by Arctic Spas. It measures at 86 x 69. It can see up to four, with the fourth sitting at the foot of the lounger. It would be cozy for four, but it would be comfortable for three and fit in your space. It also is available in four jetting packages, so there is a wide price range on that spa as well.
http://www.arcticspas.com/our-products/our-hot-tubs/arctic-spas/arctic-fox/

You can click on the dealer locator to see if there is a dealer in you area.

Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

TwinCitiesHotSpring

we have a very specific corner in mind for our hot tub, but only have 78 inches between a door and path on one side, and an access pipe to our sewer line on the other. We want a tub that seats at least 4 people. We've been searching, and that 78 inches seems to be a real problem for us. Any suggestions would be really really appreciated.

I'm not surprised you're having trouble finding options that meet that 4 person 78"x86" requirement but we have one that fits the bill in the Limelight line. We also have a couple that meet it in the Freeflow line as well, it all depends on what your budget is and what features you're looking for.

http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/limelight/glow
http://www.freeflowspas.com/accent.html
http://www.freeflowspas.com/emerald.html
http://www.freeflowspas.com/azure.html

You can use the dealer locators on each page to see if you have someone in your immediate area. Some Hot Spring dealers will carry both.

Annne, I would check out that glow model...impressive tub for the $...5yr warranty, 2lb Fibercor insulation, 24hr. Silent Circulation pump, and because it is a 30 jets spa with (2) 2.0hp pumps the jets have exceptional pressure...

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
The HotSpring "Prodigy" is Sooooo close - it is 74" x 87" !!

However, those dimensions are at the edge of the spa shell, and it is smaller as it goes down.

Check it out.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Spring Ace

The HotSpring "Prodigy" is Sooooo close - it is 74" x 87" !!

However, those dimensions are at the edge of the spa shell, and it is smaller as it goes down.

Check it out.

8)

I started to mention the Prodigy as a good fit overall but didn't want to stray outside the stated measurement requirements but you're right, its so close and the pedestal is inset so that may help.

mjb

Sundance Camden 76" x 83"
Jacuzzi J-325 76" x 84"
Nordic Retreat 70" x 80"
All seat 4.
Hope this helps.

vangoghsear

Would a round tub give you the clearance you need if it was 6'-7" (79") at it's widest with a slightly smaller base, or does the obstruction run the whole length?  My Bullfrog 151R sits 4 comfortably and it's rated for 5.  Flexible seating choices was one of the reasons I picked it. 

http://www.bullfrogspas.com/listings/display/86/42/151r

Also the Viking Series II.  JohnnyK45, on the board here has one.  I think they are only 6' round.

annnne

:) hey, everyone who posted, thanks so much for the info and the speediness of your answers! Our nearest Hotsprings dealer is over an hour away, or we'd be considering those. Our 'ideal' tub will have decent jets and pump, a therapy seat (preferably no lounge seat), foot jets, ozonator, lights, and good cover and insulation (for western PA winters), and seat 4 adults without crowding - AND that 78x86 size. Not crazy about the round tubs we've seen, and also pretty sure that shape would not solve our stupid size problem. If we had three more inches or so, we could choose from a hundred models, I'm sure.  :( We hadn't realized the sewer access pipe was there until we started excavating the space to prepare the concrete pad. We haven't given up yet. Thanks to all for your suggestions, and keep 'em coming until we find a winner!

vangoghsear

If by sewer access pipe you mean a cleanout opening, have a plumber move it.  Not that hard to do, if it can be done given space and configuration limitations.

annnne

to vangoghsear: the hot tub space is flanked by the house on the left and the driveway and garage door on the right, so moving it didn't seem to be a viable option. We actually had a plumber extend the access up about a foot above ground, so that we can mud right up to the base of it but still have access.

vangoghsear

Oh well, just a thought.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

:) hey, everyone who posted, thanks so much for the info and the speediness of your answers! Our nearest Hotsprings dealer is over an hour away, or we'd be considering those. Our 'ideal' tub will have decent jets and pump, a therapy seat (preferably no lounge seat), foot jets, ozonator, lights, and good cover and insulation (for western PA winters), and seat 4 adults without crowding - AND that 78x86 size. Not crazy about the round tubs we've seen, and also pretty sure that shape would not solve our stupid size problem. If we had three more inches or so, we could choose from a hundred models, I'm sure.  :( We hadn't realized the sewer access pipe was there until we started excavating the space to prepare the concrete pad. We haven't given up yet. Thanks to all for your suggestions, and keep 'em coming until we find a winner!

regarding most of the tubs mentioned that will fit, none of them is going to provide seating for 4 full size adults without crowding...not that 4 people won't fit in these spas but there def. will be legs crossing, etc. going on...if this is a deal breaker for you I would look at alternative locations for the tub if possible

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
I can do 6 people in a 72" circle ..... ;)

If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

TwinCitiesHotSpring

I can do 6 people in a 72" circle ..... ;)

touche...round options are definitely the best as far as "foot space" is concerned, its too bad most of the manufactures are fazing them out due to low sales...in 10 years because most consumers now days are such "visual" shoppers all tubs will have 90 jets with 4 waterfalls and 5 pumps and 60 lights...when in reality as most of us know after 6 months none of those "bells and whistles" mean much  ;D

JohnnyK45

I LOVE our round Viking II we bought this year.  When searching months back, I ruled out waterfalls and the other "extras."  With two younger kids and a tighter space to work with, the seating flexibility and room of our round tub has been great.     

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42