What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decisions, Decisions.....  (Read 2560 times)

debjuly16

Decisions, Decisions.....
« on: August 30, 2012, 04:48:36 pm »
This is my first post, but I have been reading this forum for about a month.  I would like to thank the professionals for all the time they invest in keeping us newbies in the know.

We have narrowed our search to two tubs, the Caldera Niagara and the Sundance Optima.  We wet test both this Saturday and hopefully will be making our decision.  My question is I really like the internal stereo system but don't know if it's a mistake to buy it.....Both manufactures only have a year warranty on the system and that scares me.  I already have outdoor speakers but wanted something more intimate on those late nights when my neighbors would rather not listen to my music.  The Caldera dealer showed me an add on stereo but I don't like the look (of the turn up speakers).

Please help!

Hot Tub Forum

Decisions, Decisions.....
« on: August 30, 2012, 04:48:36 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Decisions, Decisions.....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 05:00:51 pm »
Welcome to the forum. Individual taste vary, but in my neighborhood we try NOT to draw attention to us being in the tub, so this second time around we are not getting a stereo again. I kind of kept hoping for a great deal on a floor model with one, but that probably won't happen.   Let us know what you think of both tubs. I recently tested a Sundance Optima, but only looked at the Niagara, they are considerably different. I would definitely recommend you wet test.  I could have went one of several ways, but my wife floated in more tubs than I thought she would of. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 07:11:30 am by wmccall »
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

debjuly16

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 05:24:31 pm »
If my decision was based on looks alone I would buy the sundance, the cabinet, stereo, waterfall and controls all seem to look richer(more high end)....However, I'm also interested in a Covana cover and the Caldera dealer is the only one on Long Island that sells them.  The dealer said he would give me a pkg deal.  So we will see how the wet test goes.

goose973

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:01:28 pm »
Theres plenty that can go wrong in a hot tub as it is. I'll be happy if my hot tub just keeps being a hot tub for the next ten or fifteen years.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 07:01:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42