What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help Spa will not Heat  (Read 10578 times)

George55

Help Spa will not Heat
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:14:43 am »
I have a Tiger River Spa made by Watkins. Sumatran Model N, and has a Watkins no fault 6000 heater, and a IQ 2000 Inside Control System, other spec's on the inside control panel is SIEB model 100-01212-01 part # 37307.  The spa has been sitting empty on my deck for a year now, and was winterized.  Filled up and made sure there was no air in the lines.  Jets all work.  When I plugged the spa in I heard 1 click and then another. Then I got a solid red light on the control panel, along with NO green ready light, because temp is not ready, and then the ready light starts to blink.  On the inside main circuit board when first plugged in I get green LIM on light, a red light on the  heater on light, and no red light in the control on the unplugged light.  When the jets are turned on the red light on the heater light goes out inside the control box, and I hear a another click.  I unplugged for 1 min. and plugged back in, and got the same results.  Then I pushed the reset breaker on the heater again nothing.  I feel a little heat when I touch the tubing from coming out of the heater. When jets are first turned I feel a little hot water coming from the jets, and the bottom Heat Return Spa Drain.  When spa is rest and the jets are off I can't feel water circulating through the bottom drain.  It is hard to tell but the circulating pump may not be working.  Could this be the cause of my problems?  Is there a way to reset the circulation pump?  Is there a way to test the circulation pump without taking it out.  I hope this makes sense.
George
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 10:32:40 am by George55 »

Hot Tub Forum

Help Spa will not Heat
« on: August 24, 2012, 10:14:43 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Help Spa will not Heat
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 09:44:28 pm »
circ pump is not moving water. You have tested it already.

You could plug it in, immediately turn on the jets, and let it run for an hour - that pulls a bit of water through the circ pump - and then see if that frees up the circ pump. If not, take out the circ pump. Put some wine corks or other plugs into the vinyl tubing to keep the spa from draining itself, and see if you can free up the circ pump.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

George55

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 09:07:07 am »
By the way I'm not a spa tech I'm just  a owner of a spa.   But  I did sleep in a Holiday Inn last night .
I thought no one was  going to reply to my post so thanks.
So you think the circulation pump may be froze up?
Do you mean testing the pump by running it, I have for 4 hours already.  Do you think I've made things worse for the circulation pump by running it for that long?
I know there is a breaker on  the heater is there one on the circulation pump?

Thanks for your help  Mr. Moderator
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:56:49 pm by George55 »

George55

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 06:19:49 pm »
Removed circulation motor and found it's impeller lose and wibble/wobbles up and down and left and right.
Also hooked up to 110v and nothing but a hum.
Sounds bad what do you think?
I found them online for $159 do you know where I could save some money on a replacement?

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:19:00 pm by George55 »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:07 pm »
Sounds like you have done well! That's a good price - I sell them for more.

Get one in there, and you should be off and running. Be prepared: the new pump may not be a dead match for the old one. They have upgraded things a bit. Tiny bit of fiddling with the power cord and some vinyl tubing and you should be good to go.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 11:12:07 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42