What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Going shopping again  (Read 22847 times)

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Going shopping again
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 04:30:17 pm »
It just occured to me, I didn't consider a shavenspa from Colorado.

You're not worthy.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 04:30:17 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2012, 06:15:48 pm »
  Haven't seen you mention it yet but have you looked at Artesian spa's?   We no longer sell them, but they were/are a solid brand. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2012, 09:21:25 am »
  Haven't seen you mention it yet but have you looked at Artesian spa's?   We no longer sell them, but they were/are a solid brand.

No, I didn't , but I did check their dealer locator and I do have one less than 20 miles away, its at a place I've never been to, maybe I'll make a trip.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2012, 12:07:49 pm »
Spent more than an hour total this weekend in my sister's Vanguard, including 1/2 more by myself playing with all the controls. I hope to wrap this up and have an order placed by the end of the week.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2012, 01:41:25 pm »
Spent more than an hour total this weekend in my sister's Vanguard, including 1/2 more by myself playing with all the controls. I hope to wrap this up and have an order placed by the end of the week.

sorry, depending on the year of your sisters you'll have to re-learn some things  ;D control panels are improved, some jet designs are different/improved so you can now shut off jets completely and also easily swap the entire jet body if you like a particular design on your upper/lower back, etc.....good choice though  8)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2012, 02:37:15 pm »

sorry, depending on the year of your sisters you'll have to re-learn some things  ;D control panels are improved, some jet designs are different/improved so you can now shut off jets completely and also easily swap the entire jet body if you like a particular design on your upper/lower back, etc.....good choice though  8)

My sister's tub is a 2010 I believe.  I think she took delivery in late 2010.  The control panel, at least as I viewed it here, I do give an edge to HS, I really like that control panel, but I'm a bit of a techno type person anyway.  Also, while it is a relatively small tub, I did like having the secondary control panel on the opposite side of the tub where I was sitting that I could turn jets and lights off and on without getting up.  (not hard to do, but I did like it) I'll stop at my HS dealer again and look at the jets since my sister's tub is still fresh in my mind.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2012, 03:32:18 pm »

My sister's tub is a 2010 I believe.  I think she took delivery in late 2010.  The control panel, at least as I viewed it here, I do give an edge to HS, I really like that control panel, but I'm a bit of a techno type person anyway.  Also, while it is a relatively small tub, I did like having the secondary control panel on the opposite side of the tub where I was sitting that I could turn jets and lights off and on without getting up.  (not hard to do, but I did like it) I'll stop at my HS dealer again and look at the jets since my sister's tub is still fresh in my mind.

oh ok, so in your case the control panel will still be the same, but some of the jetting will be slightly improved, again with the ability to easily swap them out, and also to completely turn certain jets off to direct pressure to a certain jet...the soothing 7 jet is also a nicer design imo...obviously your local dealer can show you these features

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2012, 04:21:07 pm »
 I haven't heard him say he was buying the vangaurd yet, though the writing was on the wall from the beginning.   :P   I thought the Sundance was at least still in the running??

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2012, 04:32:03 pm »
I haven't heard him say he was buying the vangaurd yet, though the writing was on the wall from the beginning.   :P   I thought the Sundance was at least still in the running??

I'm sure he's got at least another month or 6 of shopping left  ;D j/k its good to do all your homework before making a big purchase, sometimes it amazes me when people drop 10k after a 20 minute presentation on the sales floor without even sitting in a tub dry or wet

rick_in_cleveland

« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2012, 04:37:24 pm »
You haven't mentioned Marquis...Too far away?

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2012, 04:53:26 pm »

I'm sure he's got at least another month or 6 of shopping left  ;D j/k its good to do all your homework before making a big purchase, sometimes it amazes me when people drop 10k after a 20 minute presentation on the sales floor without even sitting in a tub dry or wet

But it's nice when that happens!!   ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2012, 10:24:30 pm »
I suspect we will be buying this week.  Currently 3 tubs in the running, one Jacuzzi, one Sundance, and one HS.

manwgoldengun

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2012, 01:21:02 pm »
I don't see Caldera on your list!!!!  Niagara?  Incredible tub with Fiber Cor insulation, foot ridge, and Spa Frog inline sanitizer

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2012, 01:28:05 pm »
I will talk to the HS dealer at lunch time tomorrow, and then the Jacuzzi Sundance dealer on Thursday probably. At least for once things are going my way. I already knew the sale was coming, but I finally saw Sundance's email "select models and options" and for once my choice of model and color is on the list!  Looking forward to finishing this process however it ends. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 11:57:08 pm »
I will talk to the HS dealer at lunch time tomorrow, and then the Jacuzzi Sundance dealer on Thursday probably. At least for once things are going my way. I already knew the sale was coming, but I finally saw Sundance's email "select models and options" and for once my choice of model and color is on the list!  Looking forward to finishing this process however it ends.

To bad you can't see the side bets! ;)  And I wish I could read some of the emails to your HS dealer from?

Well I won't list any names.  8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2012, 11:57:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42