What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Going shopping again  (Read 22843 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Going shopping again
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 07:10:50 am »
You guys may think you know me, but you married guys are forgetting the one major factor.

There is one tub I would score a 95 and she would score an 85 if we were actually totaling things up.  The next tub I would score a 90 and she would score a 95.   So this 2nd tub is not my favorite but it still scores high and we also know its about keeping the wife happy!  I'd say right now, our 3rd choice we each score it a 90.   Those scores are close enough that it should come down to best deal.

Now if it was just me, I could have been very happy with one of about 8 tubs. On the low end there was a Jacuzzi 200 series for around 5 grand I could be very happy in,  but right now I can afford more so I will probably get more.  Actually I could probably afford a Grandee or Aspen, but want to go a little smaller.  Between the 3 companies I have mentioned most, I could be very happy in about 8 tubs, so we await the queen's decision.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2012, 07:10:50 am »

bartman9

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2012, 07:45:01 am »
Lol!  Yes, it is all about keeping our lovely wives happy, isn't it  ;D

We ended up putting the order in for our Jacuzzi J365 last night - can't wait!

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2012, 10:11:15 am »
Lol!  Yes, it is all about keeping our lovely wives happy, isn't it  ;D

We ended up putting the order in for our Jacuzzi J365 last night - can't wait!

I like that tub as well, did they say how long to expect for delivery?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

bartman9

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2012, 10:16:00 am »
Should be here in 4 weeks  :)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2012, 12:33:02 pm »
Should be here in 4 weeks  :)

I was told the same thing today for both the Jacuzzi and Sundance line.  At least I'll have yours to judge by.  I stopped in just to refresh my memory as my salesman returns from vacation tomorrow.  I did go by the HS dealer at lunch and saw what people here told me was different about the 2012 Vanguard vs the 2010. The changes to some of the jets look like good logical ones as long as they remain durable. I did make an offer as to where I thought I need to be and it was accepted, so I will definitely be wrapping this up soon.  The only negative on the HS, is the price he gave me is for one they have several of and they are all Coastal Gray cabinets, my least favorite.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2012, 12:48:42 pm »

sorry, depending on the year of your sisters you'll have to re-learn some things  ;D control panels are improved, some jet designs are different/improved so you can now shut off jets completely and also easily swap the entire jet body if you like a particular design on your upper/lower back, etc.....good choice though  8)

oh ok, so in your case the control panel will still be the same, but some of the jetting will be slightly improved, again with the ability to easily swap them out, and also to completely turn certain jets off to direct pressure to a certain jet...the soothing 7 jet is also a nicer design imo...obviously your local dealer can show you these features

You were of course right, I'm glad you mentioned it and glad I went back in and looked over the 2012 model.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 12:53:34 pm by wmccall »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2012, 12:50:44 pm »
I don't see Caldera on your list!!!!  Niagara?  Incredible tub with Fiber Cor insulation, foot ridge, and Spa Frog inline sanitizer

While visiting the Vanguard today, I did see a Niagara.  Wasn't fond of the chocolate shell color, but it did have an interesting layout.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2012, 11:26:06 am »

sorry, depending on the year of your sisters you'll have to re-learn some things  ;D control panels are improved, some jet designs are different/improved so you can now shut off jets completely and also easily swap the entire jet body if you like a particular design on your upper/lower back, etc.....good choice though  8)

oh ok, so in your case the control panel will still be the same, but some of the jetting will be slightly improved, again with the ability to easily swap them out, and also to completely turn certain jets off to direct pressure to a certain jet...the soothing 7 jet is also a nicer design imo...obviously your local dealer can show you these features

You were of course right, I'm glad you mentioned it and glad I went back in and looked over the 2012 model.

good deal...there was a few more changes between 2010 and 2012 but none of them enough to sway a decision either way...indicator light on the outside of the cabinet was "fitted" a little more flush into the cabinet and they also made the "streaking" in the cabinets (most obvious in the redwood and coastal grey colors) more consistent...again nothing that will sway a decision, just some minor aesthetic upgrades

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2012, 11:26:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42