What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My HydroPool Serenity Spa  (Read 6887 times)

TheMitch

My HydroPool Serenity Spa
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:00:36 pm »
Hello,

I was googling a way to get my spa over the 104 safety limit (Reason being, I live in a colder climit and after a short period of time the 104 drops)  I wouldn't mind setting it at 106-108 for colder nights and of course the coming winter, I came across another post with a different spa.  THe use altered a jumper and was able to access different temperatures.  Is this an option on my spa?

It is a Hydropool Serenity special edition (2012)

Hot Tub Forum

My HydroPool Serenity Spa
« on: July 30, 2012, 09:00:36 pm »

TheMitch

Re: My HydroPool Serenity Spa
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 09:28:31 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 09:38:57 am »
  Don't think you can do it.

Back in the day you use to have to send the circuit board to Balboa and they would do the change on the board to alow it to go to a higher temp, took about a month+.  You also had to sign a disclaimer that you would not hold them liable should someone die.   Then they refused to do it all together because the health dept I believe deemed it unsafe for people.  Same was true for major spa mnfg.    I know on Jacuzzi's and Sundance you can make a change again to go as high as 106 not sure about H,Springs?     You can probably call Balboa and ask them, would love to hear what you find out..

Maybe someone else here knows more??

TheMitch

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:45:18 pm »
I'll give them a call tomorrow and post back.  Thanks!

TheMitch

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 05:57:10 pm »
Someone suggested a resistor in series with the high limit and temperature sensor.  As they have to be within 2 degrees of each other for the board not to go into error.  I'd rather not go that route though.  As your technically raising the high limit

SnowHot

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 06:03:38 pm »
  Don't think you can do it.

Back in the day you use to have to send the circuit board to Balboa and they would do the change on the board to alow it to go to a higher temp, took about a month+.  You also had to sign a disclaimer that you would not hold them liable should someone die.   Then they refused to do it all together because the health dept I believe deemed it unsafe for people.  Same was true for major spa mnfg.    I know on Jacuzzi's and Sundance you can make a change again to go as high as 106 not sure about H,Springs?     You can probably call Balboa and ask them, would love to hear what you find out..

Maybe someone else here knows more??
Philpug and I have found that the temp on our Jacuzzi J 345 can drop considerably  when we're using  it on a windy evening.  Since we live  on the NW edge of Reno near the Sierra Range, we get a lot of wind. 
Should hot tub temp be something we're  concerned about during winter months?

*We have discussed the dropping temp and wonder if it will stay warm enough during use in the winter months.

TheMitch

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 05:39:19 pm »
I talked with hydropool and balboa.  Hydropool avoided the question like the plague (legally).  Balboa did their best.  They suggested using thermocreep (running extended filter cycles before using the tub)  Trying that tonight.  But seems like a waste of power.  I asked them about adding resisters and what not, they wouldn't touch that question (obviously).  I might experiment with the resisters suggested on another site.  I'll post that in a minute

TheMitch

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 05:40:54 pm »
The latest Marquis Coastal Reward spas use a Balboa M7 controller with
2 thermistors near the heater. Balboa says the first (as water flows by)
controls the water temp and the second is a 118 F safety limit. They must
agree within 2 F for the controller to work.

If you wanted to make the controller think the water is 104 F when it's
really 110, you might put a resistor in series with each thermistor near
the control board. They have a negative tempco, with 22117 ohms at 90 F,
17636 at 100, and 14158 at 110, so 104 F would make them about 16245 ohms,
adding a 2.2K ohm resistor in series with each thermistor exposed to 110 F
water will make the controller think the water temp is only 104 F.

(Marcia got someone to do this, and it worked :-)

Nick

TheMitch

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 05:42:03 pm »
Problem is I don't want 110 heh.  I want like 107-108.  Also you're tricking the high limit as well because they both have to be within 2 degrees of each other

x96mnn

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 07:45:08 pm »
I have a Hydropool Serenity and live in Nova Scotia off the water and can't take it higher then 103 even in the winter but to each their own.

If you do not turn on the air function you can reduce the temperature drop especially in the winter on these tubs. The air is sucked from the shell and when mixed with the water can cause it to cool faster.

TheMitch

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 02:20:11 pm »
Prince Edward Island here.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2012, 02:20:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42