What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: First time tub buyer (shopper) and first post....  (Read 5381 times)

OKRoff

First time tub buyer (shopper) and first post....
« on: July 23, 2012, 11:03:49 pm »
Hey everyone.

After reading many threads on many different websites along with multiple Google searches, we are narrowed down to a Hot Springs Envoy or a Sundance Cameo.  We wet tested both over the weekend and are going back to test the Sundance one more time tomorrow.  We liked both but there are differences, mainly the Moto-Massage of the Hot Springs, as well as a few differences in the jets.  We like the more leg jets in the Cameo so pluses and minuses on both tubs, but nothing major.  We were surprised that the number of jets wasn't that much of a factor.  We wet tested an LA Spa as well, with quite a few more jets and it was kind of like.... meh.  Nothing jumped out to remember it by.

We're on the fence as to which way to go as we've never gone down this road before, only used hot tubs at B&B's from time to time.  Both MFG's are solid from all info I've been able to gather, the Cameo sales person is a little more likeable, but no issues with the Envoy lady to drive us off.  Both dealers have been in the area for many years as well.

It seems to be getting down to personal taste/preference, just not easy to decide - maybe the second wet test will help that issue.

The Envoy is about $10,300 ($9500 plus tax) out the door and the Cameo is a little over $10K ($9300 plus tax) out the door.  Both include delivery and set-up, cover, cover lifter, steps and chemicals to get started.  The Envoy includes the GFI and box, not sure on the Cameo, I'll verify tomorrow.  Prices decent?  Not sure how much to haggle on these.  A lot of money regardless.

Any forum members with thoughts/input from past experience with Sundance or Hot Springs and where there might be an advantage or even a disadvantage?
Anything to consider would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Hot Tub Forum

First time tub buyer (shopper) and first post....
« on: July 23, 2012, 11:03:49 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: First time tub buyer (shopper) and first post....
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:08:13 am »
Welcome to the forum. Great first post, thanks for relating. I suspect you will be happy with either and when I buy again, I'm pretty sure it will be between those two brands as I've spent quite a time looking at both. Some people don't like it, but having arthritis in my back, I do like the double moto massage.  I've been in my sister's HS Vanguard a few times, but while I've admired several Sundance and Jacuzzi tubs I haven't been in one yet.   I have purchased a tub since 2003 so I'm a little behind on pricing, but I will say what you have is comparable and not unreasonable.  Good luck and I hope you will let us know which way you go and how it goes.  Where are you located?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

OKRoff

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:09:07 am »
I'm in OKC, Oklahoma.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 11:47:46 am »
one of my fav. tubs....my vote goes to this  8)

goose973

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 01:22:11 pm »
I have a 2012 Sundance Certa and we love it. No problems so far. Cost was $7000 and tax for the same package you described.

OKRoff

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 03:07:12 pm »
Don't know all the differences between series, didn't check out the Certa.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 03:28:10 pm »
Don't know all the differences between series, didn't check out the Certa.

Certa is another lounger option, less space than the other 2 you have listed, which also means less jets, smaller pumps, stainless heater vs titanium on the others and stainless steel jets are an option...now of course these may or may not be deal breaker options for you and you will save money obviously vs the other 2 models...another lounger in the 7' range I would look at is the Flair from Hot Spring's Limelight line, this like the Certa will certainly save you a couple thousand vs your other options but still has nice features: 5yr component warranty, 24hr circ. pump, 2lb Fibercor insulation, etc. and just to confuse you a little more the Jacuzzi J-355 could also be thrown in the conversation as very "comparable" to the tubs your looking at...all very nice options imho, use a wet-test and make sure the dealer is reputable and you can't really go wrong with any of those options

OKRoff

Re: First time tub buyer (Sundance) and first post....
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2012, 09:03:03 am »
Well after a second wet test in the Cameo, that's the one we decided to get.  We liked both and figured we couldn't go wrong with either one but the Cameo had more jets overall as well as more jets that covered your legs, calves and feet.  Just didn't have much of that with the Envoy, so that was the over riding factor, more overall options as far as jets go, we can hit more areas of the body easier.  There were a few other things thrown into the decision but none of them were deal breakers, just things we liked a little more in one than the other - waterfall, grab handles, cup holders, pillows - more like creature comforts than performance or operation.

We're getting the tub with all the accessories mentioned in my first post and the saleswoman is also throwing in a booster seat for my wife, which she may or may not need, but it's nice not having to spend our own money on it to find out.  The price was $8,995 plus tax, so we got a little bit knocked off from the initial quote.

Not sure when we'll have it delivered but I need to build a deck, run electric, etc, etc.  Lots of work to get done.

goose973

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 09:37:57 am »
Congrats on the new tub. Hope you enjoy it as much as we like ours. FYI-Get ready for your electrician to give you a funny look when you tell him that you only need two hots and a ground run from the gfci box to the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2012, 09:37:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42