What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot tub electrical hookup - how is it done at the tub?  (Read 3807 times)

Hot tub electrical hookup - how is it done at the tub?
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:22:22 am »
We bought a Maax Spa California Cooperage 103 and  have an electrician coming by in a few days to hookup our hot tub.

The thing is, there's no port in the side of the tub for electrical, there's only a drain access port.  So would the electrician drill a hole in the cabinet? Wouldn't that mess up the insulation and ruin the siding? Or would they somehow go through the base pan? I noticed when the hot tub was in the air (I have crane pictures) there were some recessed areas on the very bottom of the tub, but that seems pretty difficult to install into unless the tub was sitting up off the ground on a deck. Ours is on solid cement.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot tub electrical hookup - how is it done at the tub?
« on: July 20, 2012, 12:22:22 am »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot tub electrical hookup - how is it done at the tub?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 08:54:20 am »
 Most mnfg have pre drillied holes on either front sides for electrical. If not it is common to drill through a side for the conduit, then wrap the conduit along the base of the spa so it's kind of hidden.  Really depends where it sits on the patio or pad.    If it's in the center of a patio that conduit has to run somewhere.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 09:41:15 am »
IDK, sorry.

BUT - this is EXACTLY why I have been pressing HotSpring to develop their nuclear-powered model more quickly!   ;)

8)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 10:51:10 am »
Thanks guys. There's a port on the side that I thought was a drain access port, but there's insulation behind it so it's confusing. Perhaps it's for electrical. Anyway, I'm sure the electrician will figure it out I just don't want the tub messed up.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 10:51:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42