What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: regal tub  (Read 5970 times)

dleighty

regal tub
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:30:40 am »
hello all im new here and need some help , i got this hottub that is ten years old and never installed
so its like new ,no holes drilled for jets or drains  nothing . this tub says regal stamped in it so i google regal and call , they tell me it is not there tub ,  so  is there more than one REGAL that makes tubs if i could post a pic i would.

Hot Tub Forum

regal tub
« on: July 12, 2012, 11:30:40 am »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: regal tub
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 01:08:41 pm »
If what you have is a bare tub - no cabinet or plumbing - then I'm not sure what you need from the maker. All the plumbing parts from jets to heater are available on line.

"Regal" could be a model name for a tub made by any of the many companies which have gone out of business in this tough economy.

Also - it's entirely possible that whoever owns the name "Regal" today may not have records dating back ten years.

Specifically, what are you looking for?

8)

Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

dleighty

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 02:24:05 pm »
well this is a round tub and i just needed to know where to install the jets and drain .

this tub does have allot of small holes for air drilled in it so it must have a voided area for the air to pass .

i just didn't want to mess the tub up by drilling a drain hole thou the air chambers

this  tub that will be in ground

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 02:29:15 pm »
 Sounds like you got yourself a nice Koi pond there  ;)   I would agree with Chas, hard to say what you have, could have been a rejected/blem shell or who knows.   Who did you get the shell from and if private seller you might ask them where they got it.

Your probably looking at 2500.00 maybe less maybe more to get it going if you do the work yourself, prolly more if your going to pay a company or spa tech type guy to do it for you. 

dleighty

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 03:20:16 pm »
this tub bought and sold three times and never installed ,i will install it one way or another.

i have the pump,filter, tubing ,heater and a big box of fitting/jets and a ozone gen,

can i post pics here from me email?  its a nice tub and so far i have 500.00 in it all and i will do all

the work to install it,

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 03:56:29 pm »
this tub bought and sold three times and never installed ,i will install it one way or another.

i have the pump,filter, tubing ,heater and a big box of fitting/jets and a ozone gen,

can i post pics here from me email?  its a nice tub and so far i have 500.00 in it all and i will do all

the work to install it,

I believe each one of those little holes in the spa has to have a hose running to them, they are designed to work with a blower. Do you see any kind of a manifold?   As far as jets go much depends on how many "complete" jets you have and what volt and HP of a pump is it?   With one pump you want one filter and one suction in the tub.   Or one suction in the tub and is the filter a external cannister type that goes on the outside of the spa.   So many questions, so little time. 

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 05:28:43 pm »
If the holes are all in the seat, there's an air channel that runs UNDER the seat. Don't drill into the seat and put jets there.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 05:35:10 pm »

the work to install it,

its has been bought and resold 3 times because the money and labor involved in basically "building" your own spa is not worth it...for the thousands of dollars and dozens of hours involved you could buy yourself a new spa which will have a warranty, better jetting, and will be much more efficient as far as operating costs go

sorebikr

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 05:59:54 pm »

the work to install it,

its has been bought and resold 3 times because the money and labor involved in basically "building" your own spa is not worth it...for the thousands of dollars and dozens of hours involved you could buy yourself a new spa which will have a warranty, better jetting, and will be much more efficient as far as operating costs go

I see this a lot on this and other non-spa related boards.  He didn't ask if he should buy the shell.  Didn't ask if it was a good idea to do so or not.  And while I personally think y'all are right, its really beside the point.  Sometimes people just enjoy DIY projects.  I ran across this when I was learning how to wire up my tub.  A whole lotta unhelpful people who were suggesting it wasn't worth the time and effort.  And then thankfully a few people who were willing to engage and help me out.  I'm not suggesting you have to condone or engage, but piling on about how hard it will be for them really isn't nice.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 06:39:31 pm »

the work to install it,

I see this a lot on this and other non-spa related boards.  He didn't ask if he should buy the shell.  Didn't ask if it was a good idea to do so or not.  And while I personally think y'all are right, its really beside the point.  Sometimes people just enjoy DIY projects.  I ran across this when I was learning how to wire up my tub.  A whole lotta unhelpful people who were suggesting it wasn't worth the time and effort.  And then thankfully a few people who were willing to engage and help me out.  I'm not suggesting you have to condone or engage, but piling on about how hard it will be for them really isn't nice.

meh...people come here for a professional opinion and that is what I give, I'm sorry if the answer isn't "nice" enough for you, but it is what it is, what do you want me to say? fine I'll be nice...good luck with your project sir, but unfortunately helping someone with a project of this scope is very difficult to do over a message board because of all the details involved, your best bet would be to source a local "spa guy" for assistance should you choose to take on this project.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:41:26 pm by TwinCitiesHotSpring »

sorebikr

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 09:58:36 am »
Oh cut it out.  I wasn't talking about being nice.  I was talking about being relevant.  If you don't want to answer his actual question, help out on his actual problem, then you don't have to weigh in. 

People have been really cranky here lately.  I've been defending the old-timers up to this point but come on already.  Maybe its time step away from the keyboard for a bit. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 11:03:28 am »
I saw Twins response and figured why bother replying as well since he was saying what I was thinking. Better to say it now than later when the person finds out what they’ve gotten themselves into. If the OP is a true DIYer and doesn't care about the labor involved they can just choose to ignore the warnings but better to speak up than to say something later and get a response from the OP of "I wish you'd told me that before I got started".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 11:19:00 am »
I agree that this is a tough project to bring to completion, but if the OP hears that and chooses to proceed, then more power to them.

I would recommend jets with interchangeable nozzles: so you can go from straight to spinner, etc. In fact, Waterway has one jet with about a dozen different configurations.

Also, I'm a big fan of diverter valves: put in a two way valve and you can plumb in two complete sets of jets and choose between one set, the other set, or all jets at a lower pressure. But don't just divide the tub in half: put jets in groups so and run them on opposing sides of the diverter so you can choose the upper massage, lower massage, or all at lower pressure. This gives you a much better chance of getting just the right massage for today's aches and pains!

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 11:19:00 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42