What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New owner - Anti-foam  (Read 3786 times)

ronsno

New owner - Anti-foam
« on: July 02, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »
I put in some anti-foam and my tub immediately started creating this tan tar-like gel.  I ended up have to drain the tub and use concentrated dish-washing soap to get it off.  Any ideas as to what I did wrong?

Update: It may have been enzyme balancer that I also added.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 06:58:53 pm by ronsno »

Hot Tub Forum

New owner - Anti-foam
« on: July 02, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: New owner - Anti-foam
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 06:43:18 pm »
   How old was the water?   Most will get that from products like Bright n clear.   It's normal it just shows you how much crap is in your water even though it looks clear if it was?    Depending on the age of the water you did good draining it if it was only a month or so old then not.   It's possible you are not shocking enough or using enough santizer.    Anyone been in there with sunblock, and or girls they are always hard on spas.  Amongst other things  :-X  If it continues you can try a enzyme product that sometimes helps. 

Concentrated dish soap might not have been the best choice you might get suds for awhile.  Baking soda works well. 

ronsno

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 07:02:20 pm »
We've only had it going 2 weeks, but I have a 19 year old using it every night with boys and girls.  I also added Natural Spa Enzyme.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 07:16:21 pm »
We've only had it going 2 weeks, but I have a 19 year old using it every night with boys and girls.  I also added Natural Spa Enzyme.

Pretty sure the culprit is the kids.   If your using chloring tell the son or daughter to throw a cap of chlorine in after use.   Hopefully like most kids their age they will listen   ::)  ;D

ronsno

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 11:29:21 am »
An update, this is the second time I've drained the tub and refilled it in 2 weeks.  After 5 days of use it was completely murky.  After that I've had my son putting in a cap full of shock after use and then running the pumps for 10 minutes.  As it turns out another new Jacuzzi owner brought a cup full of water in to the local Jacuzzi dealer with the same tar-like (grease) as I have.  His is a new tub as well. 

sorebikr

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 01:29:52 pm »
An update, this is the second time I've drained the tub and refilled it in 2 weeks.  After 5 days of use it was completely murky.  After that I've had my son putting in a cap full of shock after use and then running the pumps for 10 minutes.  As it turns out another new Jacuzzi owner brought a cup full of water in to the local Jacuzzi dealer with the same tar-like (grease) as I have.  His is a new tub as well.

Well water?

ronsno

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 11:38:36 am »
The water comes off the Clackamas River and then through a public water treatment system.  I add one bottle of SpaGuard Sentry.  After running the pumps and waiting a couple hours, it's off the charts in softness, no Chlorine, Alkalinity is perfect, PH is beyond normal high.  In this last go around I've added Chlorine and Calcium (I don't have anything to reduce PH, so I used sodium).  By the time I got the hardness to come up into the first category, and PH down slightly, my alkalinity went high.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 11:38:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42