What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Electrician coming by today...new tub next weekend!  (Read 3993 times)

MargeeTx

Electrician coming by today...new tub next weekend!
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:38:41 am »
Good morning everyone:  Wouldn't you know....hubby is at work, and the electrician is coming by this afternoon to give us an estimate for running the 220 line to the back concrete pad where  we currently have our old tub...which has a 110 outlet....getting a new tub, and I know that I will need the 220.  Now because I KNOW how these folks look at women...think car repair shops,etc...I want to be as smart ( not assed!!) as I can when he gets here.  We are in the DFW area.  What should this cost???  HELP, please!

Hot Tub Forum

Electrician coming by today...new tub next weekend!
« on: June 03, 2012, 11:38:41 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Electrician coming by today...new tub next weekend!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:05:11 pm »
You can roughly figure on the cost being 0.0748% of the cost of a house.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

clover

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 09:53:06 pm »
Cost relates to materials and time.  You will want a 50 or 60 amp breaker in the main electrical supply going out to a 50 or 60 amp GFCI outside more than 5' from the spa, and then only copper wire to the spa itself.  Any gussetimate given could be misleading as distance and labor are not known, but you can expect something between $600 to $900, and that is a ballpark guess.

Let us know the details as you get them.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

MargeeTx

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 11:38:49 am »
Thanks, Clover:  and, you were right on the $$$...50 amp, copper wire, the whole nine yards...estimate was $750.   

bajabill

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »
I just paid about 700, for 60amp service, with 30 feet of #4 wire.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 03:24:11 pm »
Are you ready for the longest Saturday of your life?  Hopefully it won't be.  Delivery was the worst part of the new hot tub for me. My dealer, RIP, contracted out his delivery.  I was told it could be anytime that day with no guaranteed window.  I took the day off work (8-5 job) only to have the tub delivered at 10:30pm. (the story gets worse from there)   Here is me hooking up the tub at midnight.

Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 01:01:57 pm »
I remember that! Wow -= -

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Philpug

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 01:24:33 am »
Are you ready for the longest Saturday of your life?  Hopefully it won't be.  Delivery was the worst part of the new hot tub for me. My dealer, RIP, contracted out his delivery.  I was told it could be anytime that day with no guaranteed window.  I took the day off work (8-5 job) only to have the tub delivered at 10:30pm. (the story gets worse from there)   Here is me hooking up the tub at midnight.

Typical post on how people become Moderators. LOL.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 01:24:33 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42