What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Narrowed Down: Grandee vs Aspen (Sundance)  (Read 29145 times)

larryshomework

Re: Narrowed Down: Grandee vs Aspen (Sundance)
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 01:07:47 am »
Just another update in case anyone is considering the Aspen.  I love the size.  Mostly it's just me but I still love how big it is.  Have had 7 large adults and 3 small kids in it at one time.  Definitely plenty of room for everyone.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 01:07:47 am »

zybar

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 11:20:35 pm »
Go to hear that you are still enjoying the Aspen.

Mine gets delivered and setup this Thursday.  It is our first hot tub and the whole family (as well as our neighbors) is looking forward to it.

While I eventually got a good price, I wish I could have snagged it at your price!

Any advice as I get acclimated with it over the first few days?

George

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 09:15:34 am »
Go to hear that you are still enjoying the Aspen.

Any advice as I get acclimated with it over the first few days?

George

The standard advice is not to fret the water chemistry, you will figure it out. However, given the details of your message, tell everyone, including your nieghbors to wash their swimsuits through a full wash cycle but don't use detergent.  Residual detergent left behind in swimsuits is magnified in hot water.  With everyone trying out your new tub you may quickly see a pile of foam on top of the tub when the jets are running.   Act before hand and avoid this.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Gassy

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 12:19:35 pm »
, tell everyone, including your nieghbors to wash their swimsuits through a full wash cycle but don't use detergent.  Residual detergent left behind in swimsuits is magnified in hot water.  With everyone trying out your new tub you may quickly see a pile of foam on top of the tub when the jets are running.   Act before hand and avoid this.
[/quote]

Another good reason to not allow swimsuits in the tub!  Ours will be a no-swimsuit zone when it's delivered next week!  ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 12:42:39 pm »
, tell everyone, including your nieghbors to wash their swimsuits through a full wash cycle but don't use detergent.  Residual detergent left behind in swimsuits is magnified in hot water.  With everyone trying out your new tub you may quickly see a pile of foam on top of the tub when the jets are running.   Act before hand and avoid this.
[/i]

Another good reason to not allow swimsuits in the tub!  Ours will be a no-swimsuit zone when it's delivered next week!  ;D
[/quote]

I'm in complete agreement, however given his parameters ,that may not be an option. I'm just enough of a prude to wear them when my daughter comes for a visit.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 12:42:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42