What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: When I turn on the 50amp breaker bubbles come on when system is off  (Read 4687 times)

kschmidt180

Ok my dream came true 2 weeks ago when my uncle said he would give me his hot tub. Well after building the patio and completely rebuilding the frame and cabinets. Had to re plumb it that is complete. Got all the electrical hooked up today and when i flipped the 50amp breaker box the air bubbles turn on even when the system is in the off position. This is my first hot tub and really don't know a whole lot about them. Is there a switch or something that needs to be replaced?

Hot Tub Forum

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Could be a lot of different things. The first way to narrow it down is to tell us what BRAND the the spa (or the controller) is.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:43:25 pm by Dr. Spa™ »
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Let's continue without the OP - and see how helpful we can be.

Let's say the tub is a Ferrari 340 with nuclear power module. And the add-on International Space Station tracking option.

I would say that the Fringe-area-loacalizer is interfering with the Grom-frammitz regulating unit. Now, the easiest way to know for sure is to do a simple check of the robble-gobbler zim-fraggile bob-stopper. May look like this:

Or not.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
BTW - if your iPod is in the dock long enough to fully charge the battery, you may want to add some fiber to your diet.

HTH

8)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
Oh, yeah, right............like, my uncle would give ME, a Ferrari?

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

clover

Replace the blower motor, and change your breaker to a 50 amp "Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter".
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
Why would you replace the blower, if it's WORKING?

clover

Because it is a 240 volt blower, that is operating on 110 volts with one leg short to ground.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
How do you know the spa doesn't have a circ pump and ozonator, and the bubble are normal??

How do you know there's not a relay stuck closed?

How do you know that someone didn't jury rig the electrical and the blower is wired to always be on?

Personally I think Chas is probably close solving this problem with his diagnosis of, "the Fringe-area-loacalizer is interfering with the Grom-frammitz regulating unit."

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Unless it's metric. Then all bets are off.

HTH

8)

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
Re: When I turn on the 50amp breaker bubbles come on when system is off
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 04:40:23 pm »
Did you know most people like the temp of their spa right around 312 Kelven

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »
Because it is a 240 volt blower, that is operating on 110 volts with one leg short to ground.
I had a friend who had one leg short to ground. He didn't like it when people made fun of it. In fact I did once and he killed me.

8)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 08:20:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42