What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: diagram for wiring on a 1993 Hot Springs Sovereign.  (Read 8535 times)

pamela5kids

diagram for wiring on a 1993 Hot Springs Sovereign.
« on: May 05, 2012, 03:48:59 pm »
Hi and thanks in advance for assistance, Drained and flushed tub a couple of weeks ago, weather changed, couldn't get back to it until today. Grandkids over last week and now 2 copper wires are disconnected. Need to know which one goes in which hole before I fire her up again. Many thanks if anyone has a diagram they can post or email.

Hot Tub Forum

diagram for wiring on a 1993 Hot Springs Sovereign.
« on: May 05, 2012, 03:48:59 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: diagram for wiring on a 1993 Hot Springs Sovereign.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 04:37:27 pm »
which one goes in which hole?

Sounds more like temp probes, and not electrical wiring.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

pamela5kids

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 04:44:44 pm »
One copper wire comes off of black moter on the left, one copper wire comes from wrapped heater on the right. They both look like they should go in to the black control box mounted above but I am not sure which one goes where. Tub was working great before salesman convinced me to switch to a new chemical system and flush the tub twice. Again, many thanks for any advice. Dealer said they don't have diagrams going back that far and hot springs site only goes back to 1999 on owners manuals.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 11:43:08 pm »
If we are talking bare copper wire, they are bonding wires and they go to any empty hole on the bonding buss.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

pamela5kids

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:12:37 pm »
Thanks Chas,
Finally got a response from dealer I purchased from. They are getting the info from Hot Springs and getting it to me- this is ofcoarse after they couldn't convince me to purchase new!
Turns out the wires were grounding wires- nothing major. Can't wait to fill that almost twenty year old beauty back up and soak.
Many, many thanks for the response, Pamela

Flyonthewall

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 05:28:04 pm »
what was the new chemical program?

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 05:34:12 pm »
what was the new chemical program?

Silk Balance maybe?

pamela5kids

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 02:03:18 pm »
Yes, Silk Balance. Can't wait to get off of work today, go home, reconnect the wires and plug that good old girl in! She has held water for the last two days while I slaved away at the office so I am ready to reconnect and test her out.
Really hoping the Silk Balance is as good as the salesman said it was and that it reduces the chlorine consumption and smell. Not opening the product until I am sure the tub is in working order. This has been a little more challenging for me than just changing the water!

Flyonthewall

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 02:19:45 pm »
no matter the outcome, flushing the tub is a good thing to do.  enjoy the silk balance, and don't hesitate to ask for a refund if it doesn't satisfy your needs.  the manufacturer offers that unconditionally on the 1st bottle.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 02:19:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42