What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Spas FLO Error Message  (Read 7343 times)

scottkeen

Caldera Spas FLO Error Message
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:01:06 pm »
I continue to have problems with this "free" Caldera Spas spa that a friend gave to me. It's an older 6-person Paradise model. I don't know how old it is, but the user manual revision date is 6/96.

I just got the spa hooked up electrically without having it trip the 50A GFCI breaker anymore. I had to replace pump parts which were causing leaks into the motor, and disconnect the ozone generator which was somehow tripping the GFCI.

Now, after turning it on and letting it run for about 1 hour, it just shut off with the message "FLO". It's not flashing, it's constant. The user manual says,

FLO (Flashing) - 1- The filter may be plugged. Remove the filter and clean. 2- The amount of water flow may be inadequate. Make sure the spa is filled correctly. 3- A pressure switch may have malfunctioned. The spa will continue to operate, but the heater will not activate. Contact your dealer or service organization.
FLO (Constant) - A pressure switch has malfunctioned. Contact your dealer or service organization.

I don't want to pay for a service call. It's definitely shut down as a result of a FLO (Constant) error message. Only way to make it come on again is to flip off the GFCI breaker, and flip it on again.

Does anyone know which pressure switch to get for this older Caldera Spas Paradise model, and is it simple to replace?

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Spas FLO Error Message
« on: April 27, 2012, 11:01:06 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: Caldera Spas FLO Error Message
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 10:23:06 am »
A picture of the flo switch would help - but I would be willing to bet it is one of these:

Check first for a loose connection at the pressure switch - and I do hope you have replaced the filter.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

scottkeen

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:02:37 am »
I looked at the switch and it's labeled "3010P".

I've found these switches for sale online at several places.

Is it easy to replace? What are the steps involved?
Does it need to be calibrated or anything special done after it's installed?

Thanks

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:05:06 am »
If your spa has valves to isolate the control system, you should close them. You may want to loosen one of the union fittings on the heater to drain it - the goal being to not have water flowing out of the hole from the pressure switch into the electrical system.

If there are no valve, or if they don't shut completely anymore, drain the spa.

Simply remove and replace the switch. If it doesn't close on low speed with a new filter you may have to adjust it to a little bit lower pressure - it is marked, and has a simple thumb wheel.

Tighten it by turning at the base with a wrench. Don't tighten it by grabbing and turning the upper part.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 10:05:06 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42