What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub down  (Read 3021 times)

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
hot tub down
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:45:04 pm »
My emerald tub (699 classic) suddenly stopped working. The display panel is dead. I checked the GFI breaker and it would fault as soon as I turned it on. I checked the voltage coming in to it and it was good. Nothing coming out so I bought new one and replaced. I now have voltage coming out of breaker and to the tub going into the power pak. Nothing will turn on and display panel is dark. Am I missing something obvious or is it time to call a tech? Tub is 5 1/2 yrs old and we have never had any issue with it at all. Any and all input is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub down
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:45:04 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: hot tub down
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 05:04:09 pm »
 If you have 220v coming into the spa the first place I would check would be the fuse on the board or by the terminal block where the power comes in.
Usually a 25 or 30 amp fuse, then go from there. 

thearm

• EMERALD CLASSIC all the way!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:18:49 pm »
Jim,
Good call, fast acting fuse on circuit board was blown. Replaced and it blew again. I'm guessing I have a dead short somewhere on the circuit board. Talked to tech this morning and he said to call him Monday morning in office and schedule appointment. Thanks for your help.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 02:18:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42