What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2010 J465 Flow Switch  (Read 9183 times)

smackman

2010 J465 Flow Switch
« on: April 11, 2012, 07:31:49 pm »
Does this flow switch have threads on it? It comes in a PVC tee. Does the Tee have to be replaced?

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

2010 J465 Flow Switch
« on: April 11, 2012, 07:31:49 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: 2010 J465 Flow Switch
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:06:25 pm »
 No it just threads in.   You just have to make sure the sensor gets screwed in right with the flow..

smackman

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:35:59 pm »
No it just threads in.   You just have to make sure the sensor gets screwed in right with the flow..
Thanks; I thought that was the case  but want to make sure.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 10:13:20 am »
 From what you have been through,  who knows what dealer your service tech will come up with though  ::)  40 plus days of being down with something as simple as a temp sensor replacement is unreal!!!

smackman

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 12:53:50 pm »
From what you have been through,  who knows what dealer your service tech will come up with though  ::)  40 plus days of being down with something as simple as a temp sensor replacement is unreal!!!

44 days and no phone call; no explanation; no communication. Jacuzzi upper management has/is  involved but I question how effective they can actually be.

IMO there is absolutely no reason the flow switch was not change 9 days ago April 3 when the flow switch arrived at 8:30 AM. We had been down 35 days at that point.

Anything we find out happens when we call the Service Tech. ourselves.

We are at our wits end. In a million years would I ever have believed this would happen but.....

I do not know what to say anymore. My wife is now in tears over this.

As I am typing, I get a phone call from a great guy in California. He has tirelessly worked with me to resolve my issue. He said;

They are waiting for the complete stereo system to come in so they can change All the stereo components and my flow switch on one trip.

Here is the sad thing; someone messed up and did not order the stereo system; It will leave California today. SO it will probably be Monday April 23 before the service tech comes.

I ask why my flow switch was not changed to get water flowing; He has no real answer for this. He has talked tirelessly with my Regional Rep. That is why I say the Regional Rep cannot make this dealership call me. communicate with me, etc.

We will be without our Hot Tub for almost 2 months before maybe it is back up flowing water (maybe). ALL OVER A 10 minute job to replace a flow switch. Now I have to call my wife with this news.

I have learned a valuable lesson thru all of this.

I am sick.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 12:56:29 pm by smackman »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »
 Your situation is a uniqe one, I don't believe we have had one quite like it on the forum here.   We all hear of horror stories with people getting their spa fixed or not fixed but this one honestly takes the cake. 

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 03:55:52 pm »
Do you know the part number of the flow switch?

It's possible I might be able to put one in your hand faster than the 23rd - I would be willing to try.

Chas

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

smackman

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 05:01:45 pm »

It's possible I might be able to put one in your hand faster than the 23rd - I would be willing to try.

Chas

8)

I appreciate the offer; I am afraid of back lash if I install it myself like voiding my warranty. I still have some major components under warranty.

If I have learned anything out of this, NEVER SAY NEVER what a Jacuzzi Sales Manager can do and will do.  He has more power than the Local Rep.

Now I realize my situation is extremely unique and I firmly believe  you and Jim are great at your jobs but if you were in my shoes you would feel the same. SH*T flows downhill and my Hot Tub is warranted by Jacuzzi.

Here is a picture of it but I do not see a part number.
http://jacuzzicare.com/index.php/j-400-series-flow-switch-with-dsmt-connector.html

I have searched the Internet and I have not found a flow switch for purchase with a dsmt connector except here.

Sincerely, Thanks a million for all the help.

P.S. Honestly, I also thought that posting my concerns would "work in my favor" but that back fired in my face.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 05:04:03 pm by smackman »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 05:40:02 pm »

Chas

8)

I appreciate the offer; I am afraid of back lash if I install it myself like voiding my warranty. I still have some major components under warranty.

If I have learned anything out of this, NEVER SAY NEVER what a Jacuzzi Sales Manager can do and will do.  He has more power than the Local Rep.

Now I realize my situation is extremely unique and I firmly believe  you and Jim are great at your jobs but if you were in my shoes you would feel the same. SH*T flows downhill and my Hot Tub is warranted by Jacuzzi.

http://jacuzzicare.com/index.php/j-400-series-flow-switch-with-dsmt-connector.html

I have searched the Internet and I have not found a flow switch for purchase with a dsmt connector except here.

P.S. Honestly, I also thought that posting my concerns would "work in my favor" but that back fired in my face.

Like I told you in one of the PMs I would be camped out at his storefront with a big sign that says don't buy anything from here, till my spa was fixed.  I also after all this is done, get the BBB envolved.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:40 pm »
I called a couple of my suppliers, and they all said the same thing: buy a generic and splice it. But of course, that will NOT work in your case because you need the old part, complete, to return for warranty, and it would be a dead give-away if it was spliced.

So - I also only found the correct part at the site you found. Let me know if you change your mind - I will be glad to order it and have it shipped overnight (or two-day) so you could at least enjoy your tub while you wait for the wonderful repair guy.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

smackman

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 07:18:55 pm »
I called a couple of my suppliers, and they all said the same thing: buy a generic and splice it. But of course, that will NOT work in your case because you need the old part, complete, to return for warranty, and it would be a dead give-away if it was spliced.

So - I also only found the correct part at the site you found. Let me know if you change your mind - I will be glad to order it and have it shipped overnight (or two-day) so you could at least enjoy your tub while you wait for the wonderful repair guy.

8)

I appreciate the offer but He would cancel my warranty work immediately. He has gotten away with everything so why not do away with my warranty.

Some of the parts like the J 1000 control cost approx $1000 dollars. I have a lot to lose. Thanks a million for the offer but I am afraid it would back lash on me.

smackman

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 07:23:39 pm »

Chas

8)

Like I told you in one of the PMs I would be camped out at his storefront with a big sign that says don't buy anything from here, till my spa was fixed.  I also after all this is done, get the BBB envolved.

I have to my Hot Tub fixed. He has proven he does not have to fix my Hot Tub in a timely manner and gets away with it. This matter has went WAYYYYY up the Food Chain at Jacuzzi. He harshly threaten with a waiver of release over putting his dealerships name on this website after someone with good intentions decided to send that thread to him by email. That is History but a fact right or wrong.

The Local Rep knows all this; He also knows my parts were/are intentionally delayed from being ordered; It is hard for me to believe that Jacuzzi constantly gets the orders wrong. He knows my Hot tub is unusable even though the part has been at the dealership since April 3 BUT guess what; He is Silent and my Damn Hot Tub is still out of Commission.

If I camped out front, He would never fix my Hot Tub and obviously get away with it. He has delayed my orders and get away with it. He never calls to let us know what is going on.

I promise you I am pissed to the max; I could eat nails and crap razor blades. This company needs to have the Local Reps more involved when matters like this arise instead of turning a blind eye.

If allowed, I would do the Warranty work myself. There is not a damn thing I could not repair/fix on my Jacuzzi. Not bragging, just a fact and that makes it that much more worse knowing this.

AT A MINIMUM, I would have at least pulled the flow switch that day March 19 to make sure that a piece of debris was not lodging the paddle OR spliced the dsmt connector to the new flow switch that is identical except for the end piece but that is good troubleshooting practices not just replacing parts.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 07:39:35 pm »
  Worse comes to worse at somepoint you may have to say good bye to your dealer anyway.  In the future I can send you the part and you can send it back to me and I can warranty it.      Wait and see if this guy gets it all up and running then go from there.    He can refuse to work on your spa thats fine, Jacuzzi will still honor your warranty.  As long as I have your serial number and date of install I can most likely get reinbursed.   Of course you would have to install the part yourself.   Just a thought least you would not be at his mercy.   

smackman

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 07:57:09 pm »
  Worse comes to worse at somepoint you may have to say good bye to your dealer anyway.  In the future I can send you the part and you can send it back to me and I can warranty it.      Wait and see if this guy gets it all up and running then go from there.    He can refuse to work on your spa thats fine, Jacuzzi will still honor your warranty.  As long as I have your serial number and date of install I can most likely get reinbursed.   Of course you would have to install the part yourself.   Just a thought least you would not be at his mercy.   
That sounds like a great plan. This eases my mind if needed in the future. Thank you so much.

smackman

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 06:57:28 pm »
Monday is the day scheduled to get my Hot Tub back in service. We have been out of town this week but Monday is the sch date for service tech. Throw me a HA
ails Mary or something for good luck. LOL

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 06:57:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42