What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot springs sovereign hot tub  (Read 7302 times)

homeyj

hot springs sovereign hot tub
« on: March 14, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »
i am a hot tub newbie so go easy on me. we just got a 1993 hot springs sovereign hot tub. everything worked great. drained the tub and moved it to a new location. filled it and then plugged it in. jets and lights work. when i turn the temperature dial up i can hear the click but after 24 hours its not heating. i can feel the tub vibrating so i am guessing the circulation pump is good? i believe the heater has been replaced as the button labeled heater reset are just empty. from what i have read the new ones do not have this? its the 110v version. right now its hooked to a 15 amp circuit and i know it should be in a 20. could this be the problem or is it something else as nothing gets tripped and everything else is working. thanks in advance for any advice!

Hot Tub Forum

hot springs sovereign hot tub
« on: March 14, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
Re: hot springs sovereign hot tub
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:01 pm »
If there is a hole marked "Reset" then you have a reset. You need to press them quite firmly to get them to reset, and the heater must be below 90 degrees or it will not reset. Some of the models of heater have the reset button recessed a bit.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

homeyj

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 11:34:24 pm »
thanks for the tip. i will give it a shot in the morning!

Spa_Tech

• Independent Spa technician
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 10:28:28 am »
i am a hot tub newbie so go easy on me. we just got a 1993 hot springs sovereign hot tub. everything worked great. drained the tub and moved it to a new location. filled it and then plugged it in. jets and lights work. when i turn the temperature dial up i can hear the click but after 24 hours its not heating. i can feel the tub vibrating so i am guessing the circulation pump is good? i believe the heater has been replaced as the button labeled heater reset are just empty. from what i have read the new ones do not have this? its the 110v version. right now its hooked to a 15 amp circuit and i know it should be in a 20. could this be the problem or is it something else as nothing gets tripped and everything else is working. thanks in advance for any advice!

While Chas is correct in pointing you to check the reset buttons, I would also have you check to ensure everything is still plugged into the control box. I say this, because you indicate that the spa was recently moved. It is possible, however unlikely, that moving the spa might have loosened the heater plug from the recepticle.

If the circulation pump is running, you should be able to check flow out the heat register. If you can feel water pressing past your fingers there should be enough flow to keep the high limits from tripping. If the pump seems to vibrate and no water in coming out, your spa may have a air lock preventing the system from pumping and heating water.

Flyonthewall

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 03:59:46 pm »
i believe the heater has been replaced as the button labeled heater reset are just empty. from what i have read the new ones do not have this? its the 110v version. right now its hooked to a 15 amp circuit and i know it should be in a 20. could this be the problem or is it something else as nothing gets tripped and everything else is working. thanks in advance for any advice!
the pdr (power down reset) heaters are used on all hot spring models 1995 to present.  i believe the reset on the 1993 is next to a tub reset button on the side of the control box.  could be an issue.  i like the idea of checking the plug before doing anything.  it is just a 3 prong plug i believe.  easy to dislodge in transit. 

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »

This is the original heater used on a '93. It does not have a reset button on it, rather, there are two reset buttons on the side of the main control box. One is for the heater hi-limit and the other is for the tub hi-limit.

If you have a newer heater (somebody upgraded) then you should post a picture and we can help you further.

HTH

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 06:00:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42