What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Portable hot tub?  (Read 4666 times)

crowinghen

Portable hot tub?
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:57:36 am »
 I'm thinking about  purchasing a small hot tub and looking for opinions/information.
 We are thinking about a smaller tub, since it's just my Hubby and i and our college age daughter. Thinking about a 3-4 person spa, maybe a  plug and play model.
How does the  110 compare to the 220 as far as heating time and cost? I am near Seattle, so it's not arctic, but  cool enough here ( it's snowing right now!)
 Basically I'm just starting my search,and would love some input on brands, options,  new vs used, etc.
thanks!

Susie

Hot Tub Forum

Portable hot tub?
« on: March 06, 2012, 11:57:36 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Portable hot tub?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 02:37:59 pm »
The biggest difference between 110v versus 220v will be the heating time. What 220v will do in an hour it could take 3 or more for 110v. The cost to operate will be relitively close to the same and the feel from the jets will be the same. Maintaining heat during operation will be where you see the biggest effect from the heating difference. 220v will maintane and even raise the temp during use. 110v not so much.
Retired

crowinghen

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 03:19:35 pm »
Here are a couple of tubs that I'm considering.
 A used Marquis ultimate 315 about 5 yrs old I think- looks to be in good condition, with cover,cover lifter, and steps 1200
  or this one- new,
 http://www.wayfair.com/Lifesmart-Lifesmart-Luna-Rock-Solid-Series-Spa-CSN-FF-LUNA-LSX1065.html

Like I said I have just started looking- would love opinions! thanks!

Flyonthewall

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 04:00:17 pm »
i don't like the looks of that new tub.  as an earlier poster mentioned, the heat won't run when the jets are on.  this is not a big deal in a well insulated spa.  it can be a huge deal in a poorly insulated spa.  i don't think it a stretch to put that tub in the poorly insulated class.  if you are open to used ones check your local dealers.  many have been adding refurbished spas into the mix to meet customer needs in our new economy.  it would be worth a little more to buy from a dealer and get everything that comes with that.  if you are open to spending more check out the newest hot spring, the bolt.  it can be wired for 110 or 220, is well insulated, has a 5 yr warranty, and would be a relative teenager when that 2495 unit is on the way to the landfill.
they should sell for around 6000 depending on your area.

crowinghen

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 04:34:52 pm »
Thank you for the  post- I think I will contact local dealers and see what they have in stock as far as used, and look into the bolt.
Hubby is a little worried about buying used from a  private party... that might be a good compromise

any thoughts on the used Marquis? Is this a good brand/
 thanks!

Susie

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 06:10:38 pm »
Here are a couple of tubs that I'm considering.
 A used Marquis ultimate 315 about 5 yrs old I think- looks to be in good condition, with cover,cover lifter, and steps 1200
  or this one- new,
 http://www.wayfair.com/Lifesmart-Lifesmart-Luna-Rock-Solid-Series-Spa-CSN-FF-LUNA-LSX1065.html

Like I said I have just started looking- would love opinions! thanks!

The Lifesmart is made by Freeflow spas. Its a well made, fully insulated yet simple spa. You can get as a 110v or some models are 220v convertible. They're excellent for the price.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 06:10:38 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42