What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Upgrading an older fiberglass hot tub  (Read 2963 times)

Gerry Kiernan

Upgrading an older fiberglass hot tub
« on: February 25, 2012, 01:51:55 pm »
Hi

I am new to the forum, and I am thinking of upgrading my older existing hot tub. It has a good solid shell, but I would like to add a secondary pump system, some additional jets, and plumbing.

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that can supply a kit to do this type of upgrade.

Thanks

Gerry

Hot Tub Forum

Upgrading an older fiberglass hot tub
« on: February 25, 2012, 01:51:55 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
Re: Upgrading an older fiberglass hot tub
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »
  Well there are enough online companys selling jets,plumbing and pumps along with paks   Just pick one.  You plan on changing the equipment pak and topside, are you running 220v or 110 now?   Upgrading to 2 pumps you will have to go the 220v route and propbaly upgrade the equipment pak from what you have now as well to do so.   Get's pretty spendy real quick and in most cases can out weigh what the spa is worth.  Not to mention the time and labor for you to change all that and re-plumb.   Not saying it can't be done but  I hope you are handy and mechanically inclined it will help. 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:49:28 pm »
too much expense and too much time...not worth it considering the large variety of entry level tubs that you could purchase new with a full warranty

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 05:49:28 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42