What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hot Tub Features for 2012?  (Read 12093 times)

pooch

New Hot Tub Features for 2012?
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:10:46 pm »
Looking to get a hot tub soon wondering what's new and exciting for this year's spas. Any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

New Hot Tub Features for 2012?
« on: February 11, 2012, 09:10:46 pm »

d00nut

Re: New Hot Tub Features for 2012?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 05:35:54 pm »
HotSprings updated their jets so you can individually dial them down or turn them completely off.  They also added the Hot Spring "Limelight" Bolt, which is a new 3-4 person spa. 

Jacuzzi added 3 new spas to their 400 series, and are adding more value spas later this year.  Plus, Sundance and Jacuzzi both have ClearRay now, which is basically a UV bulb plumbed in line with the hot tub.

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 07:07:40 am »
HotSprings updated their jets so you can individually dial them down or turn them completely off. 

That is one feature I have always loved about my 9 year old Dynasty.  When its just my wife and I which it now is 99% of the time, we just open the jets on the seats we are using.  (There are a couple of jets on each pump that can't be dialed off to make sure the pumps always have somewhere to push water.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 10:55:55 am »
Yes, I am excited about the jet changes as well -  you can now crank up any of the jets to give you a massive massage action by shutting down other jets.

The "Soothing Seven" jet was nice, but now with a spinner behind the faceplate, you get a soothing massage, but if you crank it up you also get a powerful pulsing massage.

8)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 10:59:33 am by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 12:46:09 pm »
Yes, I am excited about the jet changes as well -  you can now crank up any of the jets to give you a massive massage action by shutting down other jets.

The "Soothing Seven" jet was nice, but now with a spinner behind the faceplate, you get a soothing massage, but if you crank it up you also get a powerful pulsing massage.

8)

Sounds like the RX or FX 2 spinner jet in the Jacuzzi.    I actually had no idea you couldn't turn individual jets off on the H,springs spa.       

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 05:37:09 pm »
They look funky fresh! 

The new soothing seven is still a pretty mild jet compared to the rotary jet Jacuzzi Jim.  In terms of raw power, the FX2 Spinner still wins.  Although, the soothing seven doesn't really go for that title!   :D

Flyonthewall

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 05:53:22 pm »
to my eye it (the new soothing 7) looks like a 500 series typhoon jet, the 2 port rotossage. 

Summitman

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »

8)

Sounds like the RX or FX 2 spinner jet in the Jacuzzi.    I actually had no idea you couldn't turn individual jets off on the H,springs spa.     

I was shocked to see this as well!  Welcome to the 1990's Hot Spring!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 06:02:02 pm »
HotSpring tubs have had to maintain a very precise flow to the "Moto Massage" jets, so they had custom jets made which control the air only. One nice thing about that was that it wouldn't change the jet action in other seats around the tub. You know how that goes - you get the jets in your seat set just as you like them, and then it changes if somebody else adjusts the jets in their seat. Of course, that was not that big a deal, since you could throw the diverter over and shut off half the seat anyway, and our larger tubs had two jet pumps and two diverters for max variety.

As far as 'shutting off individual jets,' you very much could do that with the diverter valves. Or, simply shut off the air flow to the individual jets and it mellows them out so much it is almost as if you had shut them off. Jim, you make this sound as if it was a bad thing, yet HS continues to sell massive numbers of tubs - so I don't think we were quite as far behind as you might like to imply.

But now, they are putting the Moto Massage and a group of small jets on one pump (or one side of a diverter valve in the smaller tubs) so they will have their flow as needed, and then the remaining jets are free to have more adjustability. The new jets are fancier, and have a sort of trumpet bell shape to the end of the nozzle, to open up the spray pattern a bit. I like them, but it will take some getting used to being able to really crank them up.

I think it will be the 'best of both worlds.'

8)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 06:03:49 pm by Chas »
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 07:18:14 pm »
HotSpring tubs have had to maintain a very precise flow to the "Moto Massage" jets, so they had custom jets made which control the air only. One nice thing about that was that it wouldn't change the jet action in other seats around the tub. You know how that goes - you get the jets in your seat set just as you like them, and then it changes if somebody else adjusts the jets in their seat. Of course, that was not that big a deal, since you could throw the diverter over and shut off half the seat anyway, and our larger tubs had two jet pumps and two diverters for max variety.

As far as 'shutting off individual jets,' you very much could do that with the diverter valves. Or, simply shut off the air flow to the individual jets and it mellows them out so much it is almost as if you had shut them off. Jim, you make this sound as if it was a bad thing, yet HS continues to sell massive numbers of tubs - so I don't think we were quite as far behind as you might like to imply.

But now, they are putting the Moto Massage and a group of small jets on one pump (or one side of a diverter valve in the smaller tubs) so they will have their flow as needed, and then the remaining jets are free to have more adjustability. The new jets are fancier, and have a sort of trumpet bell shape to the end of the nozzle, to open up the spray pattern a bit. I like them, but it will take some getting used to being able to really crank them up.

8)

I didn't think it was a bad thing, I just didn't know.  I thought you could adjust (turn off/on) most idviduals jet in any spa. 

And yes I know HS sells massive amounts of spas.   I don't know how any other mnfgs can even stay in business.   I actually get customers in that can tell me how many boogers were in the sales guys nose at HS. How do they know?  Cause his nose was so far up in the air they could count them.      :P

Water Boy

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 08:58:50 pm »
"Like" ;)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Summitman

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 09:35:50 pm »

8)

So, why add the turn/off individual jets if the great and almighty Hot Spring was already accomplishing this?

d00nut

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 11:55:11 pm »
So, why add the turn/off individual jets if the great and almighty Hot Spring was already accomplishing this?

I can answer that.

Because it made it better.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 11:33:26 am »

8)

I didn't think it was a bad thing, I just didn't know.  I thought you could adjust (turn off/on) most idviduals jet in any spa. 

And yes I know HS sells massive amounts of spas.   I don't know how any other mnfgs can even stay in business.   I actually get customers in that can tell me how many boogers were in the sales guys nose at HS. How do they know?  Cause his nose was so far up in the air they could count them.      :P

hold on, *runs to grab rubber boots* ok much better, the crap is getting pretty deep in here  ;D

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 11:55:36 am »

8)

what brands do you represent? sounds like you have an axe to grind, losing a few sales?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 11:55:36 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42