What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hot Tub Features for 2012?  (Read 12083 times)

Water Boy

Re: New Hot Tub Features for 2012?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 12:30:44 pm »
HotSpring tubs have had to maintain a very precise flow to the "Moto Massage" jets, so they had custom jets made which control the air only. One nice thing about that was that it wouldn't change the jet action in other seats around the tub. You know how that goes - you get the jets in your seat set just as you like them, and then it changes if somebody else adjusts the jets in their seat. Of course, that was not that big a deal, since you could throw the diverter over and shut off half the seat anyway, and our larger tubs had two jet pumps and two diverters for max variety.

As far as 'shutting off individual jets,' you very much could do that with the diverter valves. Or, simply shut off the air flow to the individual jets and it mellows them out so much it is almost as if you had shut them off. Jim, you make this sound as if it was a bad thing, yet HS continues to sell massive numbers of tubs - so I don't think we were quite as far behind as you might like to imply.

But now, they are putting the Moto Massage and a group of small jets on one pump (or one side of a diverter valve in the smaller tubs) so they will have their flow as needed, and then the remaining jets are free to have more adjustability. The new jets are fancier, and have a sort of trumpet bell shape to the end of the nozzle, to open up the spray pattern a bit. I like them, but it will take some getting used to being able to really crank them up.

I think it will be the 'best of both worlds.'

8)

I didn't think it was a bad thing, I just didn't know.  I thought you could adjust (turn off/on) most idviduals jet in any spa. 

And yes I know HS sells massive amounts of spas.   I don't know how any other mnfgs can even stay in business.   I actually get customers in that can tell me how many boogers were in the sales guys nose at HS. How do they know?  Cause his nose was so far up in the air they could count them.      :P

hold on, *runs to grab rubber boots* ok much better, the crap is getting pretty deep in here  ;D

Oh I think it's all just good and fun play between two longtime forum members. I think its just that a lot of people are/were surprised to hear this about Hot Spring since just about every other spa sold has had that feature for many years. That's no knock on HS, it just seems odd that they are just now making this feature available. But, Chas explained to us all why they didn't before now, so that all makes sense. Just surprising to many is all. 8)
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 12:30:44 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 01:34:34 pm »
HotSpring tubs have had to maintain a very precise flow to the "Moto Massage" jets, so they had custom jets made which control the air only. One nice thing about that was that it wouldn't change the jet action in other seats around the tub. You know how that goes - you get the jets in your seat set just as you like them, and then it changes if somebody else adjusts the jets in their seat. Of course, that was not that big a deal, since you could throw the diverter over and shut off half the seat anyway, and our larger tubs had two jet pumps and two diverters for max variety.

As far as 'shutting off individual jets,' you very much could do that with the diverter valves. Or, simply shut off the air flow to the individual jets and it mellows them out so much it is almost as if you had shut them off. Jim, you make this sound as if it was a bad thing, yet HS continues to sell massive numbers of tubs - so I don't think we were quite as far behind as you might like to imply.

But now, they are putting the Moto Massage and a group of small jets on one pump (or one side of a diverter valve in the smaller tubs) so they will have their flow as needed, and then the remaining jets are free to have more adjustability. The new jets are fancier, and have a sort of trumpet bell shape to the end of the nozzle, to open up the spray pattern a bit. I like them, but it will take some getting used to being able to really crank them up.

8)

I didn't think it was a bad thing, I just didn't know.  I thought you could adjust (turn off/on) most idviduals jet in any spa. 

And yes I know HS sells massive amounts of spas.   I don't know how any other mnfgs can even stay in business.   I actually get customers in that can tell me how many boogers were in the sales guys nose at HS. How do they know?  Cause his nose was so far up in the air they could count them.      :P

hold on, *runs to grab rubber boots* ok much better, the crap is getting pretty deep in here  ;D

Oh I think it's all just good and fun play between two longtime forum members. I think its just that a lot of people are/were surprised to hear this about Hot Spring since just about every other spa sold has had that feature for many years. That's no knock on HS, it just seems odd that they are just now making this feature available. But, Chas explained to us all why they didn't before now, so that all makes sense. Just surprising to many is all. 8)

Exactly!    And just a little poking fun.   I was really gonna say something about the average hat size for a HS salesman being bigger than normal. 

I also would have used it in my presentation.  Many many people like that feature,hence the reason HS is prolly changing it.   Much like the ABS base.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 01:42:46 pm »
Hat size? You NEED a larger hat when your head is full of foam... ;)

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 02:46:18 pm »
Hat size? You NEED a larger hat when your head is full of foam... ;)

8)

Full of something thats for sure! 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 04:10:40 pm »

8)

Exactly!    And just a little poking fun.   I was really gonna say something about the average hat size for a HS salesman being bigger than normal. 

I also would have used it in my presentation.  Many many people like that feature,hence the reason HS is prolly changing it.   Much like the ABS base.

I wasn't referencing you with my comment...hence my playful response about grabbing my boots..I was referring to someone else axe grinding...w/e not a biggie....btw that presentation of yours, you may want to run that by the local jacuzzi folks here, they need the help  8)

AsianCowboy

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 05:15:41 pm »
In addition to the new ClearRay UV purification system, Sundance also has a new model, the 880 Aspen. They have also redone their stereo system again, they have upgraded their long used older system to no longer play CDs, but now has an iPod docking system.

The front panels on the 880 spas, at least the Optima I know for sure, now have a quick release system for the middle panel as well as a quick drain system to replace the slow water hose draining system that would take hours.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 03:42:19 pm »
Wow - that wasn't very funny. OH! I see: it's actually connected to the topic of the thread. OK.

Sundance sound systems have always sounded real good to me - glad they are adding the idock.

8)
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2012, 03:42:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42