What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: artic kodiak spa temp changes from what i set it to......  (Read 2755 times)

moparracing

artic kodiak spa temp changes from what i set it to......
« on: November 12, 2011, 11:43:41 pm »
my spa has started acting up temp wise.... i have it set to 102 degrees 12 hrs later it's set itself to 98. I put it back to 102 & it does it again. It's done this 3 times now & not sure what it is. What i've done:

a month ago i replaced the heater & cord to the gecko MB that was melted & tripping the GFC.... worked fine after that.

with the temp control now changing, i picked a different temp, 104 - but ~ 12 hrs later it was 100.

looked for error codes none. No blinking temp reading or HL error.....

any ideas?

Hot Tub Forum

artic kodiak spa temp changes from what i set it to......
« on: November 12, 2011, 11:43:41 pm »

d00nut

Re: artic kodiak spa temp changes from what i set it to......
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:04:00 am »
I'm not familiar with the Artic spas innards... but it sounds like a thermistor problem.  Your thermistor could be confusing your temperature settings with the lesser temps, which sometimes happens as thermistors get older.  What I mean is that your thermistor would be responsible for shutting off your heater once it reached your desired temperature, say 102...  However, when it reached 98, it would "think" that, that is 102.  Make sense?  Kind of?

If it's under warranty, it should be taken care of... If not, I can't imagine that particular part being a bank breaker.  I'd consult Artic first before you do anything.  Again, this is just a suggestion.

moparracing

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 09:49:55 am »
are you talking about the temp sensor located on the outside of the heater? The tub does get up to 102, but i'm seeing the actual setting that i put in drop to 98 & its definetly colder water..... if it were any kind of sensor issue, i wouldn't think it would actually change my setting of 102 to 98?

btw, the tub is 7 yrs old.

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:34:47 pm »
I hate to say it then... the issue could be software.  If your main control board or control head has bit the dust, that could certainly be the cause.  That being the case, I would probably get a technician out there to guarantee the work.  Again, this is just a shot in the dark.  Maybe some of our Artic guys can weigh in...  ???

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 12:34:47 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42