What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Making a deal tonight and need advice/Jacuzzi J335/345  (Read 9917 times)

smileycanuck

Making a deal tonight and need advice/Jacuzzi J335/345
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:47:15 am »
Hi all, I am reposting because we are going to wet test tonight and sign on the dotted line.  Can anyone with a Jacuzzi please tell me if they bought the smartseal upgrade and if they think it was worth it? It is something that has to be factory installed so we need advice asap....can't be added later.

Also, what did other people pay for the 2011 models?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!  THanks

Hot Tub Forum

Making a deal tonight and need advice/Jacuzzi J335/345
« on: November 10, 2011, 10:47:15 am »

MileHighSpaTech

Re: Making a deal tonight and need advice/Jacuzzi J335/345
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:01:39 pm »
That smartseal system is just adding addional insulation using a recycled blue jean around your spa.  If you live in a severe cold weather area or somewhere energy costs are very high I would consider it if its a reasonable cost.  Maybe use that as a last minute negotiation.  I am sure dealer cost on that cant be much higher then $100.00.

I always discurage people on internet discussing pricing they paid.  First it could be a competitor giving a price they know it cant be sold for.  Second, someone in Tulsa could pay 1000 less then someone in Long Island and make the person in NY feel bad.  Shipping, overhead, delivery etc all play into it.  I would just ask the person for their very best deal...let them know your not going to negotiate and your not going to give them a second chance to earn your business.  You have researched tubs, seen what this tub costs other places and if they give you a good deal you will buy it.  Maybe after say "does that include spaseal"...tell ya what, if it does ill take it if it seems like a good enough deal.  If they let you walk on the spaseal then you know your getting a really good deal, if they will let you walk see if they will split costs of it.

smileycanuck

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 02:42:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  We do live in a colder climate (interior of BC canada).  The dealer tells me this upgrade will cost 300.00, which is why I'm trying to figure out if we need it or not, and if it actually makes a difference.

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 05:08:27 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  We do live in a colder climate (interior of BC canada).  The dealer tells me this upgrade will cost 300.00, which is why I'm trying to figure out if we need it or not, and if it actually makes a difference.

I'd get the smart seal then.  I am a Jacuzzi dealer and the smart seal is pretty substantial.  What is $300 over the life of the spa?  You should easily make your money back on that initial investment in a few years time, if not faster.  Are you getting the spa from in-stock or special order?  That can also make a difference!

smileycanuck

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 05:38:36 pm »
We have to order it from the factory, it's not a floor model.

smileycanuck

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 05:43:45 pm »
d00nut, can I ask what you would sell the J 335 345 for?  Or a ballpark figure?  We are including ozone, circ pump (i think that's standard), cover lift, stainless upgrade, and smartseal, and delivery local without a craine.

Thanks again for the reply, this forum has been so helpful in my research!

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 07:20:34 pm »
I PM'd you.  I hope it helps!

smileycanuck

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 09:42:23 pm »
well we wet tested the j335 and my hubby didn't really fall in love with the lounger so that leaves us with the j345.  When we were wet testing, the filter cover kept squeeking and was a very loose fit.  Also one of the foot jets popped right out.  We didn't make a deal yet as these things are a little alarming to us.  Also, hubby didn't like the fact that there isn't any real cooling seats and you can't sit out of the tub on the lip very easily.  Any comments/advice on all of this?  We might test an Artesian for the same price.  Is this a comparable?

d00nut

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 11:18:12 pm »
To be honest, I sell (at least it seems like) zero J335's.  The 345 is a way better seller and in my opinion, a better layout.  I would recommend looking at the 355 if you like the idea of a large and effective cool down seat, as well as a nice lounge.  Although, with most Jacuzzi lounges... they are a bit short, so if your husband is taller than 6ft then he might not like it.

Those "alarming" things like the jet popping out, I wouldn't worry about.  Sometimes I pop jets in and out to show people how to dial them down, turn them off, or remove & replace them.  Also, Jacuzzi has all there products ISO certified for quality assurance.

smileycanuck

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 11:46:20 pm »
thanks d00nut!  Can you comment on the loose fitting filter cover?  I've read in other hot tub forums that this is indeed an issue....covers floating up and squeeking like crazy! This would drive us crazy! Could the smooth surface or textured surface be the issue?  The one we tested was the textured pearl one....maybe it does not allow the cover to lock properly?

MileHighSpaTech

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 06:59:12 pm »
To be honest, I sell (at least it seems like) zero J335's.  The 345 is a way better seller and in my opinion, a better layout.  I would recommend looking at the 355 if you like the idea of a large and effective cool down seat, as well as a nice lounge.  Although, with most Jacuzzi lounges... they are a bit short, so if your husband is taller than 6ft then he might not like it.

Those "alarming" things like the jet popping out, I wouldn't worry about.  Sometimes I pop jets in and out to show people how to dial them down, turn them off, or remove & replace them.  Also, Jacuzzi has all there products ISO certified for quality assurance.

LOL ISO9001 certified just certifies they make it the same way each time.  Has nothing to do with quality of the product.  I didnt know once they started pulling shells in Mexico if they kept that or not.

Artesian is a good spa, I like sitting in cool down seats and on the top rail and have found similar discomfort with the Jacuzzi product, but it looks pretty.

d00nut

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 02:47:50 pm »
LOL ISO9001 certified just certifies they make it the same way each time.  Has nothing to do with quality of the product.  I didnt know once they started pulling shells in Mexico if they kept that or not.

I'm going to ask you a question that I know you can't answer, but how can quality and repetition not be related?  If you changed a process in creating a product (a process that has been audited to assure quality) whenever you want, you will not achieve or guarantee any kind of quality whatsoever.

You obviously are not in manufacturing, but believe it or not... it is a very big deal, and anyone who is ISO 9001 certified should be very proud of it.

Smiley, I cannot really comment on the loose filter cover issue.  In the many years of being a dealer for Jacuzzi, I haven't ever come across that complaint, it very well could be a personal preference that may deter you from Jacuzzi.  I could see how it can be loose seeing as it just slides into some brackets.

I don't believe textured vs. non-textured spas would make any difference to be perfectly honest.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 02:47:50 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42