What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Proper hot tub lifting  (Read 11891 times)

Coolwaves

Proper hot tub lifting
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:39:06 pm »
Hello,

I have a Master Spa Legacy 5 person hot tub where I need to raise the tub about an inch on each side in order to slide support braces for my Rock it cover lifter. The water has been drained leaving the dry weight of my tub at 650 lbs. I would like to know what is the best way to raise my tub. I do not want the risk of fracturing the shell or any parts of the tub by raising it like in a incorrect spot. Are there any certain lift points for lifting around the base of the tub, or does it matter?  Do I have to go directly under the tub to lift or can I lift from the bottom lip which is just below the side panels ? As for tools is there any special leverage tools or can I simply use a hydrolic car jack ?

Thanks, 
Coolwaves :-\

Hot Tub Forum

Proper hot tub lifting
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:39:06 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Proper hot tub lifting
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 07:24:49 am »
Hello,

I have a Master Spa Legacy 5 person hot tub where I need to raise the tub about an inch on each side in order to slide support braces for my Rock it cover lifter. The water has been drained leaving the dry weight of my tub at 650 lbs. I would like to know what is the best way to raise my tub. I do not want the risk of fracturing the shell or any parts of the tub by raising it like in a incorrect spot. Are there any certain lift points for lifting around the base of the tub, or does it matter?  Do I have to go directly under the tub to lift or can I lift from the bottom lip which is just below the side panels ? As for tools is there any special leverage tools or can I simply use a hydrolic car jack ?

Thanks, 
Coolwaves :-\

I have a couple lever dollies like these. Maybe your rental store will have them.

http://www.gilmorekramer.com/more_info/oak_hardwood_lever_dollies/oak_hardwood_lever_dollies.shtml
Retired

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:10:21 am »
You only need to lift about 1/4", and not the entire spa.  A flat pry bar on the corner should do the trick.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Coolwaves

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 12:48:09 am »
Thanks for all comments. What I ended up doing was that I used my hydrolic car jack with about 8-10 (2 by 4's) about 2 feet in length stacked in order to reach and evenly disperse the weight up under the lip of the shell. Then raised the tub enough on one side where I could easily slide in both support plates to go under the tub.  Worked great.  :)

Grandpaclark59

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 04:18:05 am »
Looks like you were extra careful to not hurt anything.  Good work!  Things can definitely get tricky when you are moving hot tubs kansas city:)  Hydrolic jacks make everything a little easier! :) 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 02:14:51 pm by Grandpaclark59 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 04:18:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42