What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bonding cover lift  (Read 4253 times)

jmosery

Bonding cover lift
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:37:45 pm »
We just got our hot tub

The inspector came and passed everything yesterday. Nothing major, the electrician did a perfect job. He did have to bond the light post thats 3 feet from our tub to the bonding coper wire around our tub

the inspector mentioned that if we put in a cover lift, that that would have to be bonded too

we are NOT planning on having the cover lift that is getting installed next week inspected but if its important to have it bonded, i will get that done

my father in law is an electrician but works a lot so we hired someone else to do the electric for the tub

but he can easily bond the lift for us. the only thing is that i'm going to have copper wire sticking out around the tub. its not that attaractive and just another thing that kids can get hold of. the copper wire around the tub is below the ground

my question is: how necessary is it to have the lift bonded if I already have the tub and anything metal within 5 feet bonded to the tub too.

should we have it done?

wanted to add: our tub is on a tub pad, not concrete on the ground. the electrician didnt' even think that the tub pad needed to be on a equal potential grid and be grounded but the inspector told us it had to and wouldnt pass us
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 01:41:02 pm by jmosery »

Hot Tub Forum

Bonding cover lift
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:37:45 pm »

Waterbug

Re: Bonding cover lift
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 09:09:25 pm »
  Let me guess, you're in California.  I can't advise you to ignore the local codes, but if it were me I'd get the tub install bought off and then install the cover lift later.  I'd probably have a lapse of memory and never get around to having the lift bonded or re-inspected.  Nobody is going to get electrocuted on a floating cover lift.  If lightning gets close enough to hit the cover lift, you're fried anyhow.

jmosery

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 10:21:54 pm »
i'm in NJ

we had the inspection done

i am NOT having them come back but since my father in law is an electrician, he can bond it. i just didn't know if it was really necessary

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:02:35 pm »
they are also requiring that in Washington State also,,,,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Tereshechko

where can i buy azithromycin zithromax 250mg zithromax suspension
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:15:50 am »
buy zithromax 250mg in usa online zithromax dosage         

buy zithromax 250mg without prescription - buy azithromycin in usa online   

buy online azithromycin zithromax 250 mg

Hot Tub Forum

where can i buy azithromycin zithromax 250mg zithromax suspension
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:15:50 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42