What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Sundance Cameo start up problems  (Read 3686 times)

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Sundance Cameo start up problems
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:39:25 pm »
I have a 2002 Cameo that was shutdown over the summer.  I started it up last week with what seemed to be no problems.  The last two nights after work the temp has been set to 80.  Also the mode and cycle and invert buttons dont work.  After turning off the tub and back on it does cycle the buttons that I pressed before turning off.  I also think I may have a slow leak.  Cement still damp under tub and water level seems to be dropping some.

Hot Tub Forum

Sundance Cameo start up problems
« on: September 20, 2011, 08:39:25 pm »

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Sundance Cameo start up problems
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 10:03:05 am »
Still trying to figure this thing out.  Got laid off from work yesterday so dont want to invest alot into it right now.  The buttons that dont work are the invert, the down key, mode and cycle.  All the pumps and blower work.  I left tub off all night.  It is stuck in economy and display inverted.  The temp is 103 and cant lower it but can raise it.  I tried to pull the ribbon cable off the board and reseat it.  Can not figure out how to remove the controller from the tub without destroying it.  I am guessing the cover has to come off somehow.  There is no way to get to it from the bottom.  I am thinking maybe it got wet when I cleaned the tub up.  I will address leak if I can get controller working.  Any suggestions?

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 12:57:07 pm »
I got the controller off.  Other than a couple of bugs looked ok.  Move some wires around and no change.  Sometimes after pressing buttons and than turning tub off and back on the invert and mode change.  Is there any kind of reset or default?

tex912

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 08:17:32 pm »
Are you getting any troubleshooting codes such as PnL or anything?

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 09:55:38 am »
Its the top side controller.  I had almost all the buttons working at one point except the down which I really needed.  Now hardly any working.  Think it is the ribbon cable that connects the board to the key pad.  Everything sealed where you really cant work on it.  Dont have money for another one.  If the temp will stay wheres its at I will just use other controller for pumps.

clover

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 11:07:56 am »
Unplug the remote control from the ribbon wire going into the control box.  It is not uncommon for the auxillary control to interfere with the main control function.  Locate the ribbon wire inside the control box and follow it out of the control box for the point of attachment of the remote control.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 04:04:16 pm »
I had tried that.  Pretty sure its bad wiring in controller.  Everything pretty much sealed.  Temp is staying at 100 so for now while just use aux controller until I can find a used one or something.  Just cant make any adjustments to anything.

brian_tr

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 10:25:37 am »
I found a new top side for $300.  Just put it in and working fine now.  Leak was just the drain.  After leaving it open all during this hot summer it won't seal now.  The plug did not have a o-ring in it so put one in and no leak now.  Hope that is the last of it for now.  This was the first time I shut it down for the summer.  Don't think I will do that again.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 10:25:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42