What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: number of people in tub  (Read 6227 times)

fangular

number of people in tub
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:09:34 pm »
Just wondering when you are in your hot tub how many people are there usually. Is it just you and your spouse/ or what ever, another couple, two other couples or more. What is the percentage of time for each.

Hot Tub Forum

number of people in tub
« on: September 09, 2011, 10:09:34 pm »

Waterbug

Re: number of people in tub
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 09:13:09 pm »
  The number of people that occupy a tub is a personal preference and really not your concern or any of your business.  You can populate your tub as you desire and I will do the same.  The question is of a personal nature and not really appropriate for a public forum.  I could not see why anyone would choose to disclose that information or why you would have a need or want to know.

EDIT:  Sorry if I seemed to go off on you but I get a little tired of people on the internet who seem to think that they have a right to other people's personal information and the willingness of some people to give it to them.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 09:16:39 pm by Waterbug »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 08:12:36 am »
 The number of people that occupy a tub is a personal preference and really not your concern or any of your business.  You can populate your tub as you desire and I will do the same.  The question is of a personal nature and not really appropriate for a public forum.  I could not see why anyone would choose to disclose that information or why you would have a need or want to know.

EDIT:  Sorry if I seemed to go off on you but I get a little tired of people on the internet who seem to think that they have a right to other people's personal information and the willingness of some people to give it to them.

IMO you probably shouldn't of replyed to this post. As I probably shouldn't of replyed to yours.
Retired

fangular

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 03:39:44 am »

EDIT:  Sorry if I seemed to go off on you but I get a little tired of people on the internet who seem to think that they have a right to other people's personal information and the willingness of some people to give it to them.
[/
qu
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:42:59 am by fangular »

fangular

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 04:02:37 am »
Sorry for asking such a peronal and inappropriate question, but I was just looking for some info because I was going to get a 6-7 person tub but I could only afford  a 4-5 person tub. The dealer had told me most of the time it would probably be just myself and my wife in the tub. I know that everyone uses there tub differently but I was trying to see if this was true in most cases. And I was asking this question to help in my decesion in my on going search for my first tub..

If anyone else thinks that this question is to personal or inappropriate I apologize

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 07:03:33 am »
I don't see the inappropriateness of this question. I bought a 6 person tub with the thoughts of entertaining and 7 years later I've only had 6 people in it once.  Now that my daughter is grown up and moved away it is just my wife and I 99% of the time.  If the OP is considering what size tub to buy this seems like a legitimate question.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

fangular

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 08:44:39 am »
Thanks for your reply. When we first started looking for a tub I was thinking more in the lines of entertaing but I think that maybe that it will be mostly myself and my wife and every now and then we would have friends in it. So I think we will be getting the smaller tub.

Thanks

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 07:02:29 am »
If I was buying a new tub I probably would go smaller, but at least 4-5 person tub.  I get a lot of aches and pains and I move all around the tub, not staying in a particular seat to get the massage I want, including sitting on the floor of the tub and letting the foot jets hit my lower back.  The only negative about the size of my tub is the large cover and amount of time it takes to heat the water.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

hailypup20

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 09:26:15 am »
A couple points...first of all, a tub manufacturer typically overstates how many people you can 'comfortably' fit in a tub.  We have a Sundance Cameo and to fit any more than 4 in there with room to move around would be difficult (granted, it does have a lounger, of which I am a big fan since it is usually just me and the wife).  Also, as someone else stated (and I share the opinion), it is nice to have a variety of seats to move around in, even if it is just you and your wife.

That being said, 98% of the time it is just me and the wife in the tub...it is nice to have the larger tub for when relatives or friends want to come for a soak, but if money is an issue, I would not be concerned about having to downsize from a person capacity standpoint.

fangular

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 07:39:23 pm »
Thanks guys for your replys. I was all set for the bigger tub but after getting my electical upgraded from 100 to 200 amp service and now in the process of building my deck for the hot tub and then having to get the electrician back to wire for the tub, its all money money money. So I am happy to say our tub is being delivered on Monday and the electrical is being hooked up Tuesday, so hopefully we will have our first soak Tuesday night. We are going with Hydropool SE5 and it comes with delivery and set up, chemicals, steps, cover and cover lifter, gfci and subpanel its a 5 seater with 30 jets. Here is a pic of the tub hopefully the link works.

P.S This is not the dealer I am dealing with.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 11:15:54 am by wmccall »

tex912

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »
It WAS a very innapropriate question. With that said....as many as possible as long as they abide by my rules...no tops allowed. LOL

fangular

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 10:34:15 pm »
sounds like a good rule to me

oversee

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 06:39:10 pm »
As long as bottoms are required.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 09:44:31 pm »
What's inappropriate? And WHY are bottoms required? Don't you know that the fabric of swim suits will scratch and mar the surface of the spa??
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Waterbug

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 11:44:15 pm »
  Way back in the mid '70s when we were young and foolish, I pulled a trick that I had read about in Playboy magazine.  There were three couples and and extra guy in the tub.  I wore a suit over a suit into the tub.  After everyone had several adult beverages, I removed a suit, tossed it as far as I could and challenged everyone else to do the same.  Of course, the other three guys ( and maybe a gal or two) immediately followed .  I then got out with a suit on and got panced, before I went 10 feet.  :)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 11:44:15 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42