What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 345 v. Marquis 545  (Read 5725 times)

jwise

Jacuzzi 345 v. Marquis 545
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:16:22 am »
Hi. I am new to the forum and have been shopping for hot tubs.

I am in Denver and am considering two hot tubs.  One is the Jacuzzi 345. I've been quoted $7,800 without the cover arm or steps (about an additional $500, plus tax), so somewhere in the neighborhood of $8,915.   The other is the Marquis 545 full foam, ozonator, cover arm, steps for $7,000 (includes tax and delivery).  After wet testing,  I preferred the Jacuzzi but am wondering a few things.

First, how best to negotiate the price. What is the typical % reduction that can be negotiated? Second, is there enough of a quality difference to justify the cost difference? 

Thank you in advance

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 345 v. Marquis 545
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:16:22 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Jacuzzi 345 v. Marquis 545
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 11:37:15 am »

First, how best to negotiate the price. What is the typical % reduction that can be negotiated? Second, is there enough of a quality difference to justify the cost difference? 

Thank you in advance

1) There is no typical % reduction because it all depends on whether they are giving you a true sale price or an inflated price designed to allow them to lower it later. You need to let them know you are shopping elsewhere and comparing spas and need to know their bottom line price.

2) Both brands are respected so there isn't a quality difference between these two brands to justify that much of a price difference IMO. Any price difference needs to be justified by you based on feature differences, accessories included, warranty difference (if any), dealer difference and fit/feel of the spas (wet test results hopefully).

You also need to think long and hard because on one side you have a spa that is noticeably less $$ which is an obvious enticement but on the other hand you want a spa you will be happy to own for the next decade+. The spas have a lot of similarities and just a few differences including the fact that the Jacuzzi comes with a circ pump which I think is a plus and its the spa you stated you prefer while the Marquis has an ozonator and a much lower price tag.

Only you can decide which the better deal is for you but first see what a little more negotiating can do for you.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Jacuzzi 345 v. Marquis 545
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 11:37:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42