What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2005 hot springs solana tx gets warm but not hot  (Read 5960 times)

hessdawg

2005 hot springs solana tx gets warm but not hot
« on: August 24, 2011, 01:41:38 pm »
hi i have a 2004 hot springs solana tx
i have had this hot tub hot in the past but it always took a day or 2 to heat up.i unplugged it about 2 months ago and just plugged it in last week
it has been plugged in for 4 days now but doesn't get hot. i set it to 100 and water is at about 85 degrees right now. the filter is clean the pump is flowing but is just not getting hot.this is a 110volt 20 amp model and im getting 120v in from the plug and 120 at each of the terminals for the heater.i have no voltage across the terminals. with the tub off i have 14.4 ohms across the heater terminals. the is a temp probe at the filter and a high limit temp probe on the heater canister but i dont know the values to test for them. i can find a service manual any where for it
what do i need to do to get this hot
thanks brad

Hot Tub Forum

2005 hot springs solana tx gets warm but not hot
« on: August 24, 2011, 01:41:38 pm »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: 2005 hot springs solana tx gets warm but not hot
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:43:20 pm »
Do you have a local Hot Springs dealer, Did you go on the Hot Springs site to locate a dealer. On the heating , does the heat light come on when you press the heat button on the topside.
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

hessdawg

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:19:29 pm »
there is no heat light

i have narrowed it down to the ground relay.
when i the low psi switch terminal off i can hear it click  but no ground runs through the relay
i pulled the board and re soldered a point that looked to be burnt
but still no ground.
i think the zetter relays contacts might be bad inside the relay but its sealed so i might have to just buy a new one and see

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 10:39:27 am »
Are you sure you have ruled out a bad pressure switch? That is by far the most common problem since it is a moving part and since it trips on and off every single time the pump starts and stops.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 10:39:27 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42