What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2000 Arctic Cub Pump #2 works on high speed, dosent' work on low speed.  (Read 3204 times)

paxthar

Hey everyone,

Got a problem with my 2000 Arctic Cub.  My #2 pump dosen't engage in low speed, but when I press the panel button to engage the pump into high speed it works.  So I got no low speed but I got high speed.  I have replaced the control panel and circuit board in the last year and a half.  Is there anyway to trouble shoot this to see if it is a board problem or a motor problem?  I understand if I swap two wires (?Red and Black) on the motor connection then I can see if the motor engages the low speed and won't on the high speed, meaning it would be a board problem.

Thanks in advance for any advice. ???

Hot Tub Forum

JulieMor

• IBEW Member since 1974
Re: 2000 Arctic Cub Pump #2 works on high speed, dosent' work on low speed.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 06:05:53 pm »
If you know your way around electrical connections and know how to avoid being shocked, put a voltage tester to each load connection on the 2 speed switch.  Make sure both terminals are putting out the correct voltage.  If not, the switch is bad.  Otherwise it's something in your motor.  I'd check the connections at the motor to make sure there's no loose wiring.  I can't advise past that because I don't have a wiring diagram for your motor.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: 2000 Arctic Cub Pump #2 works on high speed, dosent' work on low speed.
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 06:05:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42