What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi 470 questions  (Read 8325 times)

hudler

Jacuzzi 470 questions
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:36:49 am »
Hi, I purchased my 470 a couple weeks ago. I haven't gotten the site ready for it yet..but its close  ;D Anyway my questions are
1 Does the 2010 470 tub come standard with the remote control that displays temp etc? I bought a tub that was on the floor in the showroom, never hooked up etc. They cannot find the remote for this tub and since it doesn't have a stereo in it they are wondering if it even came with the remote. I say yes the remote is standard on the 2010 470. Am I right?

2 I am ready to move this tub to it's new home. I am making a dolly for it with rubber wheels and going to move the spa through my gate on it's side. When I move the spa, equipment side should be down, right? That is where the weight is and that only makes sense, but I want to double check.

3 When the electrician installs the tub, I need him to change the factory set jumper from 50a to 60a. I know this is an easy task, will there be instructions inside the panel showing where the pins should be moved to? No info in my manual regarding this.

Thanks for any info on these questions!!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi 470 questions
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:36:49 am »

d00nut

Re: Jacuzzi 470 questions
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 11:06:27 am »
Before you do anything, here are the answers to your questions:

1.  Yes, a 2010 J-470 comes with a remote.  The remote control will control all aspects of the hot tub, not just the temperature.  This should be located within the bag in which your owners manual came with.

2.  Do not put all the weight on the equipment side.  Wouldn't want to crush your spa would you?  Use the back side where the fountain is at.  Be sure to adequately protect your shell.

3.  There are no hard jumpers to move for the electrician.  That spa is wired the same whether you wire it 30A, 40A, 50A, or 60A.  The way you configure your spa is softly, through the J-1000 control panel.

hudler

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 12:20:44 pm »
HI d00nut thanks for the advice again!!

1 I figured that the tub came standard with the remote. :o 

2 I am suprised that the equipment side should be up, won't the tub be fairly top heavy and when I move it into the backyard will it not be fairly tippy (not sure that is a word lol)

3 I just read somewhere that a jumper had to be relocated, maybe it was on older models. There is no real procedure to do this in my manual, hopefully there will be some in the J-1000 panel!!

I will probably have more questions about this tub, I really appreciate your help!!

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 01:11:05 pm »
No problem, the J-470 is one of my favorite tubs, I had no option but to help you out.

Out of habit, we tilt the spas on a none-door side.  Like I said, I'm a Hot Spring & Jacuzzi dealer.  On the Jacuzzi's it may make little difference, but I always put Hot Springs on a none-door side due to the lack of structural support where the door is.  Jacuzzi's are pretty similar all the way around in regards to the frame.  However, better safe than sorry.  It is top heavy, but a good pair of ratchet straps will go a long way.

The spa board is designed so it's not tampered with.  The only things you mess with, in regards to the board, is stuff you plug in.  Such as ozone, stereo, etc.  So you have to configure the thing softly.  Unfortunately, there is no manual that you can see that will help you do that.  I can't quite remember how to do it.  Your dealer should help you out in regards to that, but seeing as you don't have one... you can message me when you get a little closer to hooking it up.  I'll look it up for you.  ;)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 02:40:05 pm »
 We have delivered the J-470 and 480 both front side down with out a problem since the spa was created.  I wouldn't go back side down because it is curved in the back.  Even the sides have a slight curve to it but it should be fine going that way as well.  I try and set the spa on the dolly so that when you lay it down you don't have to move it to much.    Why is the company you bought from not putting it in place?   Remote should be with it.  Also depending on spa it may not have the J-1000 control box, does it have the new style topside if so, it will be the J-1000 control box.       Would love some pic's!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 04:54:40 pm »
We have delivered the J-470 and 480 both front side down with out a problem since the spa was created.  I wouldn't go back side down because it is curved in the back.  Even the sides have a slight curve to it but it should be fine going that way as well.  I try and set the spa on the dolly so that when you lay it down you don't have to move it to much.    Why is the company you bought from not putting it in place?   Remote should be with it.  Also depending on spa it may not have the J-1000 control box, does it have the new style topside if so, it will be the J-1000 control box.       Would love some pic's!

For a fully foamed spa, when tipping it on its side to place on a cart for delivery I'd place one of the 3 fully foamed sides down because it has better structure than the front/equuipment side but I wouldn't put the equipment side up top either since thats where a lot of weight is. In the case of a spa that has curved sides you pretty much have no choice but to put a flat side down whether its the front or otherwise but in reality as long as you're careful you'll do fine with whichever side you place down on the cart.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:53:23 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hudler

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 05:19:05 pm »
All very good info. JJ I have the spa in my garage right now, will get some pics when I put it in place. Hopefully in about a week!! My neighbor just brought a hot tub home, it is wrapped up and on its side on a trailer, his spa seems much smaller then mine (its just him and his wife) I am going to go over tonight and ask him where he got the paddling pool....should be good for some good natured fun. This tub does have the new control settup. Again thanks for all the info. :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 09:17:32 pm by hudler »

hudler

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 03:36:21 pm »
I am planning on moving the J-470 onto its pad later this week. I have the wiring planned out with the electrician for Friday and hope to be in this beautiful tub by the weekend!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 08:05:33 pm by hudler »

d00nut

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2011, 11:27:11 pm »
Get us some pictures when it's all said and done!

hudler

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 12:51:50 am »
Got the tub up and running last night used the 3step bromine method. Water was good this morning and we used the tub for the first time tonight. My wife and I couldn't believe how nice the tub is!  We bought it based on reviews and didn't wet test, but we couldn't be happier. The tub is unbelievable we had our best friends come over and they were impressed also. I did not know you could get such a good massage from a hot tub! Everything works as it should and we are happy hottubers.

A.Sumner

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2011, 02:23:39 pm »
Hi, I purchased my 470 a couple weeks ago. I haven't gotten the site ready for it yet..but its close  ;D Anyway my questions are
1 Does the 2010 470 tub come standard with the remote control that displays temp etc? I bought a tub that was on the floor in the showroom, never hooked up etc. They cannot find the remote for this tub and since it doesn't have a stereo in it they are wondering if it even came with the remote. I say yes the remote is standard on the 2010 470. Am I right?

2 I am ready to move this tub to it's new home. I am making a dolly for it with rubber wheels and going to move the spa through my gate on it's side. When I move the spa, equipment side should be down, right? That is where the weight is and that only makes sense, but I want to double check.

3 When the electrician installs the tub, I need him to change the factory set jumper from 50a to 60a. I know this is an easy task, will there be instructions inside the panel showing where the pins should be moved to? No info in my manual regarding this.

Thanks for any info on these questions!!
I have had a Jacuzzi J-365 since 2004,  Should have bought a Caldera. We bought Jacuzzi because we thought it was a brand name you can trust. Since 2004 we have had to replace the mother board, control panel, heating element and as of today the hot tub is in over heat again and the led lights do not work.  Did i mention that i have the beautiful blue acrylic model that the dealer gave me something to clean it with and it stained the finish.  I am so disgusted with Jacuzzi that i just want to rip it out and seal up the hole in my deck.  I will never buy another hot tub....so disappointed with this hot tub.

tdola

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 06:02:00 pm »
Would love to see some pictures. How much did you pay and what did the dealer include? I just got a price of $12,700 plus tax and that included a Cover Lifter, J-1000 Stereo, Steps plus Delivery and Set-up. If i decide to buy it, I hope I am not getting ripped off.    :P

d00nut

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 11:31:14 pm »
Would love to see some pictures. How much did you pay and what did the dealer include? I just got a price of $12,700 plus tax and that included a Cover Lifter, J-1000 Stereo, Steps plus Delivery and Set-up. If i decide to buy it, I hope I am not getting ripped off.    :P

I wouldn't sell that spa at that low of price... especially with the stereo.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 11:31:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42