What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Clearwater 2011 Tradition Signature, is this a good deal???  (Read 14747 times)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Clearwater 2011 Tradition Signature, is this a good deal???
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 07:20:58 am »
Tman
 how do you figure these, i know you are a repair tech. i not starting a argument here specially on the thermal chamber full foam roxul insulation, But i deal with all three styles, we are in a cold climate in Eastern Washington as well.. But on the list, Arctic above H20, and Clearwater below Arctic, Both Clearwater and Arctic are built with very similiar styles as in open chamber, I would put them at the same for efficiency with the main pumps running the filter cycle, But when you ad the 24/7 circ pump on the Signature ceries of the Clearwater, having a low amp pump running and putting in heat of that circ pump running in the cold weather we see holds the heat in the chamber better than the spa coming on every 12 hours for 2 and then kicking on for heat from heat being sucked out of the chamber.... This is what we see out in the field even our outdoor showroom.....Hot Springs makes a great spa and efficiecnt, H20 with the Roxul insulation which does have a better r-value than full foam, but also with the 24/7 circ pump but also having the ability to pull the batting out easier if there is a leak, again this is what we see out in the field. May not be the case for every location, But in our climate this is what we see..

Your right, I may have been premature with the Arctic over H2O or Clearwater as there aren't that many around and I may not have a good feel yet. But up here in Northern Minnesota when the winter gets 20 below in Mid Jan and stays that way for weeks at a time. Most times there is not a lot of spa use and your tub sits idle. The HS sitting there with that little mag drive pump running use as much power as a light bulb, they are so quiet you can't hear them running, The heater kicks on once in a while like any other tub but less, there foaming method seems to hold the heat in the vessel very very well and is tough to beat. Almost all here are sold with a winter kit which keeps the equipment area nice and toasty. I don't think it will ever be beat by a perimeter style in effeciency. No matter what any test results are skewed to say.

But as you said ease of repair is also sellable.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2011, 07:20:58 am »

NikiR

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2011, 10:54:16 am »
we are in Calgary and we paid $9200 with delivery, set-up and start up chemicals.  Ours also came with the salt system that we love.  I was just curious where you were because the dealer that sells clearwater here also sells arctic.  Well enjoy.  I know the traditional has more stuff in it. :)  All the best

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2011, 12:52:39 pm »
Tman,
 Just like the Hot Springs, the H20 and the Clearwater also use the low amp 24/7 circ pump as well...I like the 24/7 circ pump,,,,,
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Water Boy

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2011, 01:21:13 pm »
Tman,
 Just like the Hot Springs, the H20 and the Clearwater also use the low amp 24/7 circ pump as well...I like the 24/7 circ pump,,,,,

As does Arctic. 24/7 low amp circ pumps are available on all 2011 Arctic Spas.

Just for fun, I would rate them like this:
1. Arctic
2. Hot Spring
3. Clearwater
4. H20
5. Dynasty
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2011, 01:24:57 pm »
Tman,

While adding another possible point of failure for 3-4 hundred in repair every say 6-8 years the 20 dollar reduction in energy cost per month is well worth it. IMO it adds nothing and is a detriment to filtration except ozone introduction which may or may not be benefitial. A circ pump (done right) adds in energy effeciency and sound level. On the other hand I have seen 48 frame jet pumps used for 24/7 circulation and while it overkills the filtration it also defeats the purpose in energy effeciency and noise.
Retired

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2011, 04:44:22 pm »
Tman
 how do you figure these, i know you are a repair tech. i not starting a argument here specially on the thermal chamber full foam roxul insulation, But i deal with all three styles, we are in a cold climate in Eastern Washington as well.. But on the list, Arctic above H20, and Clearwater below Arctic, Both Clearwater and Arctic are built with very similiar styles as in open chamber, I would put them at the same for efficiency with the main pumps running the filter cycle, But when you ad the 24/7 circ pump on the Signature ceries of the Clearwater, having a low amp pump running and putting in heat of that circ pump running in the cold weather we see holds the heat in the chamber better than the spa coming on every 12 hours for 2 and then kicking on for heat from heat being sucked out of the chamber.... This is what we see out in the field even our outdoor showroom.....Hot Springs makes a great spa and efficiecnt, H20 with the Roxul insulation which does have a better r-value than full foam, but also with the 24/7 circ pump but also having the ability to pull the batting out easier if there is a leak, again this is what we see out in the field. May not be the case for every location, But in our climate this is what we see..

Your right, I may have been premature with the Arctic over H2O or Clearwater as there aren't that many around and I may not have a good feel yet. But up here in Northern Minnesota when the winter gets 20 below in Mid Jan and stays that way for weeks at a time. Most times there is not a lot of spa use and your tub sits idle. The HS sitting there with that little mag drive pump running use as much power as a light bulb, they are so quiet you can't hear them running, The heater kicks on once in a while like any other tub but less, there foaming method seems to hold the heat in the vessel very very well and is tough to beat. Almost all here are sold with a winter kit which keeps the equipment area nice and toasty. I don't think it will ever be beat by a perimeter style in effeciency. No matter what any test results are skewed to say.

But as you said ease of repair is also sellable.

nice to see another MN guy here  :)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2011, 06:29:30 pm »

Do you know where Sturgeon Lake is? About 120 miles north of downtown MPLS/St Paul just off I35? 45 miles south of Duluth.
Retired

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 02:11:27 pm »

Do you know where Sturgeon Lake is? About 120 miles north of downtown MPLS/St Paul just off I35? 45 miles south of Duluth.

sure do...I've spent time or worked in pretty much every city in MN, I do swimming pool rehabs and sell Hot Spring Spas on the weekends and in the winter

Zzronazz

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2013, 01:16:27 am »
So I too am from regina and am wondering how well they are servicing you now that you bought the hot tub. I am always getting the run around about parts are on there way oh the service manager isn't in, they completely ignore me at Artic spas. After paying 170000 dollars you would think I could get a lil bit of service. Took them 6 months to bring me a cover lifter and they still charged me for it I been waiting another 6 months for a table leg an for them to fix speaker but they really don't care.if I woulda known I was going to get such crappy / no service I woulda bought from one of those hot tub expos

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 08:41:05 am »
I sure like the ratings you guys have put out! Now, I know my Hot Spring is in the top two of all of the ratings in the thread..   ;D
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2013, 08:41:05 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42