What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Salt for Spas  (Read 3460 times)

Chris_H

Salt for Spas
« on: July 16, 2011, 04:00:13 pm »
Hello All -
Can someone tell me what manufacturers offer salt for their spas?  I know of Hot Spring and Arctic and am wondering if other manufacturers offer it.  Additionally, if you put an aftermarket salt system on a spa would it void the warranty?
Thanks,
Chris

Hot Tub Forum

Salt for Spas
« on: July 16, 2011, 04:00:13 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Salt for Spas
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:36:50 pm »
as far as I know Hot Spring and Artic are the only integrated systems for now...I would also be willing to bet if a manufacturer found out about a "3rd party salt system" that warranty would be void as it should...it is a 3rd party system and did not come from the factory that way, but of course there is TONS of gray area involved no matter how you look at it

spa goddess

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 05:09:49 pm »
You can put salt system on Coast spas

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 06:45:54 pm »
You can put salt system on Coast spas

You can put an aftermarket salt system on any spa (whether its Coast or any other brand) but if its not from the spa manufacturer you have to worry about warranty coverage so you better go through your dealer and aftermarket salt systems don't have teh best reputation.

Arctic and Hot Spring have developed their own OEM systems which is a different story obviously.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 06:55:26 pm »
Hello All -
Can someone tell me what manufacturers offer salt for their spas?  I know of Hot Spring and Arctic and am wondering if other manufacturers offer it.  Additionally, if you put an aftermarket salt system on a spa would it void the warranty?
Thanks,
Chris

A spa manufacturer could reject your claim due to your water care choice, which is basically like choosing not to honor your warranty because you are not using what is recommended.  If people are really pressing to have a salt system, I personally show them ACE with the Hot Spring or Limelight.

May I ask what you are looking for out of a salt system?  It's always good to know to see if Salt really is for you!

Chris_H

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 02:18:39 pm »
I was looking for answers, if a dealer added an after market salt system, would it void your warranty.  It appears it will.  I am also looking for manufacturers that offer the salt.  I could only find Arctic and Hotspring.

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:49:09 pm »
You will not get answers out of a salt system. Sorry  ;)

He was trying to help. I would have done the same - I have tons of shoppers who come in looking for this or that based on no information other than an advertisement, billboard or recommendation of a one-spa owner. Sometimes they really don't want what they think they do - that's all d00nut was trying to say.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 08:49:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42