What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Is there an easy fix?  (Read 2244 times)

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Is there an easy fix?
« on: July 11, 2011, 07:23:05 am »
I've seen that stuff on TV that claims to be instant spray on rubber sealent to stop leaks, but that is probably TV hype. Besides this is hot water under pressure, but is there an easy fix for this leak?  In the picture below, is my pump #2.  It only runs when we turn it on and once a day it runs for 1 minute.  On my vacation when I was in the Caribbean, it started.  Finally this weekend I took off the cover to see what it was. If you follow the water type up and around the bend you come to the cut off valve which has a plunger that goes into a rectangular shaped section that sits vertically.  There seems to be about a 1" hair line crack on the left side that shoots out water in a strong stream when the pump is running.   

All Seasons here in Columbus who has been the Sundance/Jacuzzi dealers here in town picked up Dynasty a year or so ago. I guess I'll give their Service Department a try.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Hot Tub Forum

Is there an easy fix?
« on: July 11, 2011, 07:23:05 am »

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
Re: Is there an easy fix?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 12:34:30 pm »
i would cut it out and replace it, but back far enough to put a coupler in it a new valve, and elbows and new pump union,,, that would be the best way to go. then you know its good, not a band aid fix that you will have to eventually deal with ...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 11:01:39 am »
I'm having it replaced tomorrow.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 07:30:58 am »
That was done, my local Sundance/Jacuzzi dealer is now carrying Dynasty, so I let them do the work and it was done while I was at work and done well.  The leak came from a pinhole in the slice valve, not near a seam, but right in the middle of one side. Very odd.

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:58:29 pm »
glad to hear you got it fixed
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 08:58:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42