What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot springs Solana SX vs Nordic Escape  (Read 8331 times)

marina

Hot springs Solana SX vs Nordic Escape
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »
Hi,
 I have narrowed my hot tub choices to the Nordic Escape or the Solana SX. I liked both dealers and will be wet testing both tubs next week. I do like the idea of a bench on the Escape. Would any owners/dealers weigh in?
Thanks,
Marina

Hot Tub Forum

Hot springs Solana SX vs Nordic Escape
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:17:17 pm »

castletonia

Re: Hot springs Solana SX vs Nordic Escape
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 05:53:25 pm »
Marina,

I am a Nordic dealer.  I have been selling Nordic for three years now and so far have been impressed with the quality.  They are a simple spa so there really is not much that can go wrong.  The components used are from quality manufacturers (Waterway, Balboa, AquaFlo) and if you get the tub with the Title 20 insulation they have been efficient here in Wisconsin.  I have no real experience with Solana other than knowing they are a Watkins brand.

I personally like the Nordic Retreat but if you prefer the barrier free seating, then the Escape would be the better fit.  And with the price points that Nordic generally sell for, I don't personally think there is a better quality unit for the price.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 06:41:25 pm »
The components used are from quality manufacturers (Waterway, Balboa, AquaFlo) and if you get the tub with the Title 20 insulation they have been efficient here in Wisconsin. 

I'd upgrade to the better insulation package no matter where I lived. I think it should be standard but I understand that they do that for competetive pricing reasons but the consumer really should always opt for the fully/better insulated spa. I just wonder if the Nordic dealers always make the customer aware of this option.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 12:11:15 pm »
For the small price increase to get the Title 20 insulation I would hope that all Nordic dealers do.  I personally would almost prefer it become a standard feature and then if the dealer does not want it make the option removable.

MaRiSpaTech

• Four Season Spas, serving RI & SE Mass
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 08:06:55 am »
I agree.  I'm also a Nordic dealer and service all brands of spas.  I order all of my inventory with the title-20 and synthetic base options.  I would also add that Nordic uses readily available top quality parts, not exclusive parts that must be purchased through their dealers for a premium.  This will make future service easier and less expensive.  Have you seen the new Nordic Encore? I just received one last week and I'm very impressed.

d00nut

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 01:57:53 pm »
Hi,
 I have narrowed my hot tub choices to the Nordic Escape or the Solana SX. I liked both dealers and will be wet testing both tubs next week. I do like the idea of a bench on the Escape. Would any owners/dealers weigh in?
Thanks,
Marina

If you are looking at a Solana SX, keep in mind it has to be last years model.  The Solana line was merged into the Hot Spot line this year.  Along with that, the SX has been somewhat revisited where you can put a full time circulation pump in it, which is very nice.  The new SX also comes in more color choices for the skirt. 

Just making sure you are informed, may want to ask about the differences between a 2010 Solana SX and a 2011 Hot Spot SX.

marina

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 05:37:12 pm »
Thanks. Waiting for the July 4th holiday folks to clear out so I can hit the Cape Cod roads again.
Marina

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 05:37:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42