What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover or Leak  (Read 2175 times)

jbduffy1

Cover or Leak
« on: June 24, 2011, 07:44:18 am »
2007 Sundance Optima 880. Started noticing water loss in the winter. But we use it everyday. But now I see the level dropping after 3 days and needs water more often. Could the cover be shot and wicking water away due to evaporation? I have Spa close to the house and will have to disconnect and roll away from foundation to tak eoff panels. Any have similar conditions?

Hot Tub Forum

Cover or Leak
« on: June 24, 2011, 07:44:18 am »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Cover or Leak
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 09:47:30 am »
It's not the cover.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 09:56:57 am »
2007 Sundance Optima 880. Started noticing water loss in the winter. But we use it everyday. But now I see the level dropping after 3 days and needs water more often. Could the cover be shot and wicking water away due to evaporation? I have Spa close to the house and will have to disconnect and roll away from foundation to tak eoff panels. Any have similar conditions?

Is there any obvious signs of water at the base?
Retired

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »
i would check for a trail of water at the base, you might open up the pump compartment. run the pumps, take a look and see if there is a loose union a bad pump seal,,,if nothing there you might mark the interior on the shell and see how far the water drops...
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 01:59:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42