What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: msrp .. why aren't they readily available  (Read 3272 times)

raysdad

msrp .. why aren't they readily available
« on: June 16, 2011, 05:24:53 pm »
It seems the hot tub - spa industry is one of the few that keeps the msrp of their models under wraps.  After much searching the only company I could find msrp's for was Dimension One.  Can anyone explain what the big secret is?

Hot Tub Forum

msrp .. why aren't they readily available
« on: June 16, 2011, 05:24:53 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: msrp .. why aren't they readily available
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 05:48:30 pm »
It seems the hot tub - spa industry is one of the few that keeps the msrp of their models under wraps.  After much searching the only company I could find msrp's for was Dimension One.  Can anyone explain what the big secret is?

Are you sure you don't just have the MSRPs from a certain D1 dealer who is making up his own MSRP info?. I've seen dealers do that but I don't think any manufacturers themselves have such I really don't see a whole lot of value in it anyway as its just a way to make it seem like you're getting a great deal when they discount off that fictional number.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

raysdad

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 05:55:53 pm »
Spatech .. I found costs and msrp doing an internet search.  The info is on D1's letter head and linked to their url.

sorebikr

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 06:18:45 pm »
Spatech .. I found costs and msrp doing an internet search.  The info is on D1's letter head and linked to their url.

Oh, well if it was on the internet and included a URL that's different.  ;)  Just joking with you. 

The less transparency in an industry, the higher the margins.  Its that's simple.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 06:54:22 pm »

I don't doubt you saw something, I'm just wondering if its D1 corporate or a dealer. In the end I'm not sure having an MSRP really does much of anything for you to be honest. I think it gives a false sense of understanding of a starting point.

raysdad

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 07:15:13 pm »
Spatech .. check your private message and give me your opinion if the url is private dealer or direct D1 info. 

ejf The Spa Guy

• THE SPA GUY
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 07:42:29 pm »
raysdad, Msrp. which model are you looking at.. i can give you that no problem.. I do not use their MSRP, every manufacturer does it differently, some out there make a spa they say sells for 8,500, but they say the MSRP is 15,500. does not make you wonder do the math on percentage off... it does not compute......Also the problem with factory MSRPs in general they do not take into account: freight costs, add on accessories, lifter , ozone , steps, delivery,,etc.....You can PM me even . I have nothing to hide.....
Falcos Home Resort award winning hot tub retailer,

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 10:59:26 am »
Spatech .. check your private message and give me your opinion if the url is private dealer or direct D1 info. 

I checked it last night and again earlier this morning and both times got "We apologize for the inconvenience, but the page you requested does not exist".

You'll learn far more by getting info from other owners or other dealers here (who have nothing to gain really with the price they give since you aren't walking into their store) than from any phony MSRP. Even then you have to take the info with a grain of salt because pricing can certainly be regional but at least you get a good ballpark idea which an MSRP will not give you IMO.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 11:06:01 am »

It's pretty easy these days to have a grand worth of shipping for a far off out of the way dealer. Another dealer won't have that. Is this part of the MSRP? I think it has to be. Joe dealer has to pay it. But John dealer won't have to.
Retired

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 12:10:43 pm »
Out of curiosity, what do think MSRP will tell you (not the price, but what information do you think you'll derive from it)?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 12:10:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42