What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any experiences w/Brookstone Portable Spa? (Reseller for Spa Accessories/MSpa)  (Read 4671 times)

htownguy

http://www.brookstone.com/portable-spa-inflatable-hot-tub.html?bkeid=compare|mercent|googlebase|search&mr:trackingCode=CE8F902F-9055-E011-9324-0019B9C043EB&mr:referralID=NA

Also looking around online seems to be the identical one here on Amazon for $100 less, wondering why that might be

http://www.amazon.com/MSPA-USA-4-Person-Portable-Spa/dp/B003UQUKLA

I've been wanting a hottub but I have a 4th floor deck here in Houston and have been concerned about longterm setup on the roof with hurricanes, regular temperature extremes in the area, high winds being so far up and generally permanently losing space in a deck that's only about 17x30'.  I have engineering specs that say one area has an extra truss for the front area to handled a spa area, plan on setting this up there when I want to use it and store it in the attic otherwise.  Between the high cost of the crane and electrical work to get a permanent tub up there portable seemed way simpler (not to mention this tub is under a grand while regular tubs seem to run 8-12k) but I really don't know enough about this to say for sure, any input positive or negative would be greatly appreciated!

Edit, did some calling with Brookstone and found they are reselling for The MSpa, curious if anyone knows about their quality/reputation in the market.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 07:14:08 pm by htownguy »

Hot Tub Forum

htownguy

Re: Any experiences/opinions on the Brookstone Portable Spa?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 03:40:23 am »
/bump in case anyone has experience with the Brookstone portable spa or portable spa info in general, thanks in advance!

htownguy

Ok so more independent research on Amazon has left a pretty negative overall view of MSpa and it doesn't seem worth the effort.  Does anyone have any recommendations for brands of quality portable spas?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Ok so more independent research on Amazon has left a pretty negative overall view of MSpa and it doesn't seem worth the effort.  Does anyone have any recommendations for brands of quality portable spas?

There is a lot of junk out there, some decent products and some well-made ones. It’s not always easy for a newcomer to see the differences and some get blinded by price tags and phony/misleading spec sheets. Fortunately you took the time to look into your purchase rather than just leaping forward at the first thing that caught your attention.

If I were looking for a hot tub with performance, energy efficiency, quality, durability and a warranty you can trust as the driving force my personal short list would include Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

htownguy

Thanks, agreed it's not a rush decision just hard to find info on portable solutions.  I'm going to call a few local dealers and start to compare prices and brands, thanks!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Thanks, agreed it's not a rush decision just hard to find info on portable solutions.  I'm going to call a few local dealers and start to compare prices and brands, thanks!

All the reputable spa makers have dealer locators on their websites so you acn simply enter your zip code and it'll show you who is in your area.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42